HSA of Sanford - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

HSA of Sanford

A few weeks ago, a friend rode his bike down to visit. After meeting up, we came back here to my home and I had opened the garage to move my RC51 over for him to park his beside of mine. While moving my bike forward to move it over a few inches to the left, the bike got too far off balance to the right side. This was completely my fault. Anyway, I dropped the RC on its right side. Damage was minimal but still $2600.00 by my estimate and $3400+ by the insurance adjuster. I unfortunately have too many irons in the fire to pay the repairs out of pocket at this time.

The insurance adjuster was great. He looked the bike over and was quick to help.

Since then I had called a few places near me in order to minimize shipping costs on the right lower fairing. I have worked in a bike shop in the past and shipping on these start at around $50.00 depending on the courier used.

I called the shop I used to work at and the price was right in terms of what I expected and to what I could find online. The problem is that I own my business now and could not guarantee how fast I could go back home and the weather is starting to get warmer for more comfortable riding.

I then call Meridian Honda of Fayetteville,NC, the parts guy told me he was too busy to look up parts(even when I have the part numbers already in hand) and to call back when he could deal with me. It was lunchtime at teh dealer and he could not help. I don't get a lunchbreak at all most days. My business involves me doing much of the same work that he does. He's no better than I am, so I got off of the phone and took my business elsewhere.

I then call Honda of Dunn,NC(next closest dealer). I spoke with an older lady there. She took my part info and called me back promptly. I then tell her what I expect to pay for the parts, She then says, go get it, we will not sell the parts below retail.

In neither case did I request buying the parts at cost. I was offering to pay enough for it to be worth their respective dealerships time.

I then call HSA of Sanford,NC, I spoke to a female there. I told her the part numbers needed and she quoted a price(retail), I then counter with the cost I have in mind and what I have comparbly found online. SHe immediately agrees to do the same.

I went in today and met the owner and told him of my experience in coming there after I looked the place over to see what all they had in stock. I paid for the needed parts for repairs as well as all fluids for upcoming maintenance for the season.

As far as I'm concerned, they helped alot and saved me the 3+ hour drive home to get the parts at the same price level ( i did pay a bit more at HSA but I was accounting for shipping cost vs. gas costs for my drive home)

As long as I'm here, I'll continue to use HSA for all of my OEM needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Re: HSA of Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I dropped the RC on its right side. Damage was minimal but still $2600.00 by my estimate and $3400+ by the insurance adjuster.
How on earth did dropping the bike on its side cost that much? Custom paint? No wonder full coverage costs an arm and a leg.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Damage was the upper and right lower cowl, the right mirror, front brake lever, rear brake footpeg, right side midpipe and exhaust canister. The estimate didn't help since I had Sato lowmounts and they are no longer available, so the adjuster gave me the difference for a new exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 8:25 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
The estimate didn't help since I had Sato lowmounts and they are no longer available, so the adjuster gave me the difference for a new exhaust.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Reputation Power: 10

dropped my bike off there to day for repair .

they allways have great sevres
post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2011, 8:40 PM Thread Starter

Going there in the morning to pick up my parts. To add to the service, I got a call first thing from when they took in the shipment and I got a second call from the one who sold me the parts.

I'll be riding this weekend. Provided I have at least 1 good day.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page