chinese fairing kit off ebay... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 2:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 54

chinese fairing kit off ebay...

The set I ordered off ebay came in. They were maybe a little thinner than OEM but barely. They seemed like a little softer plastic though. They looked great, came with instructions. They did not come with bolt set ordered that separate, or the decals. The bolt kit I ordered was great, and it look very nice without decals. It was easy to go on. It took my High school senoir son and 2 of his buddies all day, minus soccer practice, and time for food.. So, about 3.5 to 4 hours to remove the old jacked up ones and put the new ones on. They could not figure out the front fender. One of the boys took it off, and the others didn't watch. so it is fenderless until it goes to the shop to have the fork seals replaced. There were a couple hole that needed to be dremeled out to line up. The tank cover does not fit right around the fuel filler. the hole is a tiny bit to large, but is only visible when looking straight down at it. If anyone knows of a way to fix this, like a larger replacement filler or something. I do have a piece of billet Aluminum and a friend with a machine shop that could make me piece to fill in the gap maybe. other than that it looks as close to stock as $485 will get. it took nearly a month to receive the kit.
here's the link to the sale: Motorcycle Fairing Kit For 97-98 Honda CBR 600 F3 CBR600 1997-1998 ABS Bodywork | eBay
The seller neverland-usa communicated very well. They made sure of the shipping address before shipping. I had it shipped to my place of business since no one would be home to receive it. They communicated when it shipped and estimated shipping time. It cam about 5 days early.
I'll post pic later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 2:30 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Re: chinese fairing kit off ebay...

I like how they put in a tank cover as well. Fast shipping considering it's coming from China. Everything I've ordered from out there takes about 3 weeks usually.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #3 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 4:07 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
The set I ordered off ebay came in. They were maybe a little thinner than OEM but barely. They seemed like a little softer plastic though. They looked great, came with instructions. They did not come with bolt set ordered that separate, or the decals. The bolt kit I ordered was great, and it look very nice without decals. It was easy to go on. It took my High school senoir son and 2 of his buddies all day, minus soccer practice, and time for food.. So, about 3.5 to 4 hours to remove the old jacked up ones and put the new ones on. They could not figure out the front fender. One of the boys took it off, and the others didn't watch. so it is fenderless until it goes to the shop to have the fork seals replaced. There were a couple hole that needed to be dremeled out to line up. The tank cover does not fit right around the fuel filler. the hole is a tiny bit to large, but is only visible when looking straight down at it. If anyone knows of a way to fix this, like a larger replacement filler or something. I do have a piece of billet Aluminum and a friend with a machine shop that could make me piece to fill in the gap maybe. other than that it looks as close to stock as $485 will get. it took nearly a month to receive the kit.
here's the link to the sale: Motorcycle Fairing Kit For 97-98 Honda CBR 600 F3 CBR600 1997-1998 ABS Bodywork | eBay
The seller neverland-usa communicated very well. They made sure of the shipping address before shipping. I had it shipped to my place of business since no one would be home to receive it. They communicated when it shipped and estimated shipping time. It cam about 5 days early.
I'll post pic later.

I'm impressed. The tank cover is brilliant as it avoids having to paint the tank. Very nice indeed.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 4:23 PM Thread Starter

Yep, the only problem would be matching the color. I'm not sure how good they are these days but I guessing there would be some minor variance between the parts from china, and the local body shop painting the tank. unless it were black, white, or flat black. Not sure but for $485 it is a lot better than the scratched and cracked OEMs.

BTW, I saved the OEMs.. THey are mostly scratched up and some are just cracked. Others are not repairable. If anyone wants them make me an offer. I'd probably take $100 for the lot, and you pay for shipping. The rear left is destroyed, the part around the headlight is tore up but may be repairable. the others have cracks that are probably repairable. the large side pieces have holes for sliders. If someone was going to repair their OEMs they would probably be excellent to replace destroyed pieces.
post #5 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 4:28 PM Thread Starter

Here's pics of before with oems, after I laid it out in november..

I'll post after pictures after we get the fork seals replaced and the front fender on.. a week or so..
post #6 of 30 Old 05-09-2012, 8:59 PM Thread Starter

sorry crappy iphone picture..

Last edited by Rendell; 05-09-2012 at 9:14 PM.
post #7 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 4:22 AM

Reputation Power: 113

WOW !! It looks like a new bike. Very impressed (except for the off centre fitment on the fuel tank cutout). Still looks good though - most people won't see it.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #8 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 6:07 AM

Reputation Power: 10

That is a lovely colour. It's nice that they put in the tank cover, but over time I think that'd get to me. You'll see it every time you look down. A paint shop should match that colour and spray your old one cheap enough.
post #9 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 9:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
WOW !! It looks like a new bike. Very impressed (except for the off centre fitment on the fuel tank cutout). Still looks good though - most people won't see it.
Thanks.
I think I'll either get that tank painted, or get my buddy that works at a machine shop to make me a ring out of aluminum to add to the fuel filler to cover that.
post #10 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 9:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIFU View Post
That is a lovely colour. It's nice that they put in the tank cover, but over time I think that'd get to me. You'll see it every time you look down. A paint shop should match that colour and spray your old one cheap enough.
Thanks,
Yep, My son says it doesn't bother him, and he is riding it. I will probably either get it painted, or get a ring machined to cover it.

I appreciate your comments. When the fender is on and the forks are done, I'll get out the good camera and and take some pictures of it in the sun. That way all will get a real good look.
post #11 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 9:22 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:

The only time I ever see my fuel cap is when I'm actually opening it. The rest of the time it's under my tankbag :-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #12 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
The only time I ever see my fuel cap is when I'm actually opening it. The rest of the time it's under my tankbag :-)
True.
post #13 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 1:14 PM

Reputation Power: 10

I'll be the first to admit I'm anal lol. Just knowing it's there would bug me. Glad the rest of the kit fitted well.
post #14 of 30 Old 05-10-2012, 2:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit I'm anal lol. Just knowing it's there would bug me. Glad the rest of the kit fitted well.
For me it wouldn't work. I'll get it fixed this fall when he's gone at college. He'll never notice, but old Pops will have right.
post #15 of 30 Old 05-16-2012, 9:31 AM Thread Starter

BTW, I mentioned this issue to the seller and they are sending me new filler cam that is designed to fix this issue, for free. I will let you all know how it goes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page