Wanted 919 gauges!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 3:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Wanted 919 gauges!!!!

Hey all I am looking for some gauges for a 919 if you have em let me know. Also if you happen to have a parts bike let me know i may be willing to offer on some miscellaneous parts. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 9:38 AM

Re: Wanted 919 gauges!!!!

Sent you a PM with contact info
post #3 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 3:09 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrm View Post
Sent you a PM with contact info
Hello waldrm,

Newbie here & couldn't figure if my basic login allows me to send a direct message to you - sorry. On an unrelated subject:

Got a 95 CB1000F going through a soon to be finished up (long storied) fitment project involving a pair of Performance Machine 17" wheels pulled from my old CBR1000F spare parts bike laying in the garage...sounds to good be true, huh??

Came across your post ref. VTR forks & ZRX1200 Clear Alternative retrofits. Would you be willing to email or post 1 or 2 pics, etc.? Be glad to share any of interest from here or return the favor in any way in future. My profile should have my email address in case. Many thanks.

My sincere apology to others for being off subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 8:31 AM

Reputation Power: 59

I hope you do find some 919 clocks. I had to purchase the electrical part new (was about £400/£500 excl VAT).

They come in four seperate parts, face, speedo/tacho(electrical), white plastics and back plastic.

What parts are you looking for? I recently got replacement panels off to get them sprayed (bike was layed down by prev owner)
post #5 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 8:36 AM

waldrm vbmenu_register("postmenu_608734", true);

Bike(s): 1994 CB1000; RC30 replica
Rep: (10)

919 gauges FS
Complete set of 919 gauges; slight scuffing on underside but no cracks or breaks anywhere. Mount is intact. Asking $250.00. Email or call for pics 910 367 6814
post #6 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 8:36 AM

Hope that helps!
post #7 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadr View Post
Hello waldrm,

Newbie here & couldn't figure if my basic login allows me to send a direct message to you - sorry. On an unrelated subject:

Got a 95 CB1000F going through a soon to be finished up (long storied) fitment project involving a pair of Performance Machine 17" wheels pulled from my old CBR1000F spare parts bike laying in the garage...sounds to good be true, huh??

Came across your post ref. VTR forks & ZRX1200 Clear Alternative retrofits. Would you be willing to email or post 1 or 2 pics, etc.? Be glad to share any of interest from here or return the favor in any way in future. My profile should have my email address in case. Many thanks.

My sincere apology to others for being off subject.
I decided it would be fun to walk the 919. Unfortunately I am the **** at doing twisties (i like to drag the 919's foot pegs) but I have never been good at wheelies. Any how long story short my ingenious ass pulled it up in first gear and the back end of the bike hit the ground. i proceeded to fall off (no gear) and the bike proceeded to continue down the road.
Damages:
new tank,new forks, new seat cowl, rh footpeg, possibly a new handle bar (haven't got that far yet), gauges- the outer plastic and that white thing in the middle are busted it seems that the actual circuit board and the display are fine though, also the slider cracked the engine block but the shop said it could be welded, other than that just scratches to the engine case and miscellaneous stuff like the heat shielding and whatnot
post #8 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
I hope you do find some 919 clocks. I had to purchase the electrical part new (was about 400/500 excl VAT).

They come in four seperate parts, face, speedo/tacho(electrical), white plastics and back plastic.

What parts are you looking for? I recently got replacement panels off to get them sprayed (bike was layed down by prev owner)
i meant to quote twin cam on the last post
post #9 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Well if you get in contact with that person i linked you to, he still has the original ones. Test your clocks, do they actually work? It the middle electronic bit is working then you have saved ALOT of money. The other bits arnt that expensive.

But saying that, there is a man over in the UK who sells an aftermarket set. Jesters Trick Bits he should do mail order + shipping

Get renthal handle bars (there is a thread on here for them too).

When mine went down, it needed a tank, head lamp, screen, clocks, front brake + gear select lever, handle bars, grips, mudguard, keys (didnt know about the HISS system at this stage - was in for a shock), indicators, generator cover and a few small bits here and there. I managed to get in contact with the original owner and get the keys!

Its currently going to be sprayed in black with speckles or black pearl.

Your crash sounds alot worse. Im currently at a loss with the 919, but i have to stomach it.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyuknow View Post
I decided it would be fun to walk the 919. Unfortunately I am the **** at doing twisties (i like to drag the 919's foot pegs) but I have never been good at wheelies. Any how long story short my ingenious ass pulled it up in first gear and the back end of the bike hit the ground. i proceeded to fall off (no gear) and the bike proceeded to continue down the road.
Ahh 1st gear is such a strong and powerful gear, if you want to do it again then make sure you get yourself a set of engine crash bars.. They help a lot.
Renntec Engine Bars and look for the hornet cb900 ones. (maybe try second gear next time lol)

No GEAR! What were you thinking? I have done it before, but the way i ride means its either a few scratches on the leather, or my left leg off.

Take care
post #11 of 11 Old 10-25-2007, 9:07 AM Thread Starter

Hahaha well thanks for the encouragement. Yeah just to hammer the point across 3 weeks later I was taking a turn on my '06 r6 and low sided ($800) and that day happened to be the first day i hadn't worn gear since the 919 incident. Any way waldrm are you there I haven't received any recent emails from you i want that tacho

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page