Bike, Gear, someone knowledgeable to help petite woman through the process wanted - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Bike, Gear, someone knowledgeable to help petite woman through the process wanted

Hi,

I'm new and interested in finding someone that I could pay to help me through the process of buying a bike with a saddle that would work for me (inseam 28") in my price range (<$2k if possible, but flexible) as well as choosing the right gear/armor, ideally second-hand, helping me figure out basic maintainance and helping me choose the right training. I rode dirt bikes as a kid, but nothing since then and obviously I'd like to take some safety courses. I'd like to have someone knowledgeable help me through the process, and willing to pay you reasonably for your time (let me know what that is!)

I'm in my twenties, 28" inseam, wear woman's size small-ish (usually 4, 6, or 8) a student, and live in the East Bay. I'm interested in a bike I'd use for riding to school, about 7 miles distant each way.

If you have gear for a petite woman or a bike that would work for me, that would work, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 12:59 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: Bike, Gear, someone knowledgeable to help petite woman through the process wanted

Search for and send a PM to HondaGalTwo
post #3 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 1:01 PM Thread Starter

Re: Bike, Gear, someone knowledgeable to help petite woman through the process wanted

Thank you, I will- is she petite, in my area, or prone to helping newbies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 1:48 PM

Reputation Power: 17

She is about 5'3" I think and definitely seems pretty helpful.
post #5 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 2:01 PM

Reputation Power: 13

She's helpfull. There's a lotta people willing to help around here without pay lol. I'm a short guy, not petite though. If you ask specifics it will be a lot easier.
post #6 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 2:22 PM Thread Starter

That's what you think! Short is the definition of petite- clothing places with petite ranges (albeit for women) go up to 24 or 36p. It's a confusing distinction, though, of course.

I guess the reason why I was hoping to just find someone to guide me through the process is that I'd prefer not to buy all my gear new- if I was, I could choose the perfect gear, the perfect bike, using advice from on here and buy it. As it is, I'm stuck searching through the craigslist ads for "womens motorcycle gear" and not sure how to evaluate each brand/amount of wear/armor condition, etc.
post #7 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 5:18 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Since you'll need to sit on the bike, your best bet is to check out the local dealers and classifieds in your area to find the right one at the right price. You can search for used gear at New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #8 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 6:34 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

She is helpful, honest and if unable to get you the answer will know who to ask. She lives on the other coast so cannot ride to look at the bike with you but would be able to give excellent feedback and advice.

Don't let your inseam make all the choices though is my advice. How many dirt bikes could you touch on? Sure it makes somethings easier and adds to the mental comfort but that is it. I can only touch on one side on my RR flat footed (with a toe on the other side) and the RC I can barely touch tip toes on both sides.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #9 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 9:36 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

on HondaGaltoo!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #10 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Reputation Power: 21

My wife is 4'11" and about 105 lbs. It's been a challenge finding gear to fit her but we had some luck with an XS fieldsheer summer jacket that fits her really good. We found some Frank Thomas boots at Cycle Gear that were a decent deal with good protection also. XS helmet from HJC is all that will fit her head but it fits right.

Icon, and I think Joe Rocket, make a bunch of woman's gear nowadays but we haven't really shopped for anything but boots and a helmet for her for the past 5 years or so but a visit to some local shops may give you an idea on what's available. Then, shop online for the best deal once you know your size and what fits properly.
post #11 of 25 Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Alright this is probably against the rules but instead of me typing what my wife is telling me I am just going to let her type it herself.

Hello, I am 5'3" 96lbs. I just started riding in 2006. I ride a Ninja 500. I got the suspention lowered,now both feet touch the ground. I am very comftable on it. I wear a feildsheer mesh coat size med. It fits nicely. I also wear a Tour Master coat size women x-small. My helment is a small and I have to wear a headwrap. My goves are a small. This works very well for me. I hope this helps you out.
post #12 of 25 Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 PM

Drop me a line...I live in Fremont and have random free time and would totally be willing to help you out.

[email protected]
post #13 of 25 Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, I looked her up (hondagalTOO, right?) and I don't see how to PM her? There is nothing in contact info.
post #14 of 25 Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilducky View Post
Hey guys, I looked her up (hondagalTOO, right?) and I don't see how to PM her? There is nothing in contact info.
Go to Members and find her. There is a link there to send a PM. Yes there is quicker ways but that is easy and reliable. And yes you had the name right.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #15 of 25 Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

sheepofblue- thanks, several people just suggested I contact hondagalTWO who doesn't appear to exist, which is why I was clarifying.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page