WTB: 929 CDI / ECU - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

WTB: 929 CDI / ECU

PM me please if you have one. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 9:11 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Re: WTB: 929 CDI / ECU

PM sent
post #3 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasesdaddy01 View Post
PM sent
NZ have the Aussie model with HISS don't they?
If they do you'll need the complete harness, instrument cluster and I think the ignition switch to be able to use a non-HISS ECU.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 5:58 AM Thread Starter

Bladeracer,
Thanks for the info. Not the best news today. Had a feeling that I needed to get the ignition system, with the HISS system and keys but didn't realise they weren't on US models. It's strange as the part numbers for the ECU are the same. Is there no way of just bypassing/disabling the HISS system. You said I would need to replace the harness as well. Is that just the front wiring harness that connects the cluster.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 6:12 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta2002 View Post
Bladeracer,
Thanks for the info. Not the best news today. Had a feeling that I needed to get the ignition system, with the HISS system and keys but didn't realise they weren't on US models. It's strange as the part numbers for the ECU are the same. Is there no way of just bypassing/disabling the HISS system. You said I would need to replace the harness as well. Is that just the front wiring harness that connects the cluster.
Have you lost your keys?
The HISS ECU has different connectors so you need a new harness to fit a non-HISS ECU.

No, unfortunately there is no way for legitimate owners or anybody else to disable the stupid HISS.
You can buy a HISS ECU from anywhere except the US but it _must_ come with at least one coded key. Some places have HISS as well as the O2 sensor. If you get one of those then you would have a permanent O2 error code but I don't know if the ECU is compatible with your harness.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 6:33 AM Thread Starter

No I haven't lost the keys. So basically I need to find a HISS compatible ECU most likely from Australia or NZ and at least one key. Will start hunting. There don't seem to be bugger all parts in NZ for the 929. Maybe Japan could be an option. Thanks for your help.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 6:36 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
No I haven't lost the keys. So basically I need to find a HISS compatible ECU most likely from Australia or NZ and at least one key. Will start hunting. There don't seem to be bugger all parts in NZ for the 929. Maybe Japan could be an option. Thanks for your help.
If you still have the keys why are you chasing an ECU?

post #8 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 6:51 AM Thread Starter

I better clarify. Basically my bike died the other night. The bike wouldn't start from turning it over. I push started it and it started and ran for at least 1 minute then it died. I tried push starting it again still no go. You can hear the fuel pump starting. Anyway I called a bike mechanic and he said he has checked the basics and he's sure its the ECU/CDI with part number

38770-MCJ-641
HONDA - ABS - GF20
9629-105577
keihin ED
2x 22pin connectors, 1 grey, 1 black,

So this is what I'm looking for.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 7:48 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I better clarify. Basically my bike died the other night. The bike wouldn't start from turning it over. I push started it and it started and ran for at least 1 minute then it died. I tried push starting it again still no go. You can hear the fuel pump starting. Anyway I called a bike mechanic and he said he has checked the basics and he's sure its the ECU/CDI with part number

38770-MCJ-641
HONDA - ABS - GF20
9629-105577
keihin ED
2x 22pin connectors, 1 grey, 1 black,

So this is what I'm looking for.
Is there good voltage at the battery?
No error codes?

ECU's go for pretty good money so I'd be ruling everything else out first.
Do you know of another 929 around your area?
All you need do is plug a different ECU into your harness and hold the other bike's key within 50mm of the HISS sensor. If it behaves the same then the problem is not the ECU.

post #10 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 8:08 AM Thread Starter

No error codes. That was the first thing I looked for. I tried starting it using jumper leads off my brothers car before I called the mechanic. Just cranked over without starting. I suppose it could be a dodgy key so will take my spare in to the mechanic. It could even be a faulty HISS sensor as well then. I don't know any other cbr929 owners around Auckland. The thing that doesn't make sense is I stopped for gas, filled up on gas, the bike didn't start by cranking it over, I pushed started it for about 50 mtrs it started for about 1 minute then it died again. And before anyone asks, no I didn't fill up on diesel. After that it was dead. You would think that if it was an electric problem like an ECU it wouldn't have come back to life for that 1 minute after it initially stopped. Anyway will have a word to the mechanic and rethink it through. Thanks for the suggestions
post #11 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 8:33 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
No error codes. That was the first thing I looked for. I tried starting it using jumper leads off my brothers car before I called the mechanic. Just cranked over without starting. I suppose it could be a dodgy key so will take my spare in to the mechanic. It could even be a faulty HISS sensor as well then. I don't know any other cbr929 owners around Auckland. The thing that doesn't make sense is I stopped for gas, filled up on gas, the bike didn't start by cranking it over, I pushed started it for about 50 mtrs it started for about 1 minute then it died again. And before anyone asks, no I didn't fill up on diesel. After that it was dead. You would think that if it was an electric problem like an ECU it wouldn't have come back to life for that 1 minute after it initially stopped. Anyway will have a word to the mechanic and rethink it through. Thanks for the suggestions
How old are the plugs?
And check that the charging system is working okay.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page