WTB after market header or full exhaust system for 929/954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-18-2009, 3:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

WTB after market header or full exhaust system for 929/954

looking for a header or full system for my 929. mostly interested in the header because i'm going to hack it up to make a gp exhaust. 4 into1 header prefered but i'm interested in any thing i can get my hands on for a reasonable price. hindle, d&d, yoshimura, etc.... let me know what you got!!!

thanks.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-18-2009, 3:11 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: WTB after market header or full exhaust system for 929/954

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick hurtz View Post
looking for a header or full system for my 929. mostly interested in the header because i'm going to hack it up to make a gp exhaust. 4 into1 header prefered but i'm interested in any thing i can get my hands on for a reasonable price. hindle, d&d, yoshimura, etc.... let me know what you got!!!

thanks.........
If you get a good system it'll be segmented so you only need modify one or two pieces.
And depending on what you have planned you may want to avoid titanium due to the cost of welding and difficulty of forming.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 16 Old 07-18-2009, 7:00 AM Thread Starter

oh yea, thanks for reminding me, NO TITANIUM PLEASE! i've welded it before but it is a pain in the ass. i'm hoping to get lucky and find an early hindle because they went 4 into 1 and the exit is nice and low. the less i have to tweak it the better chance i'll have at making it look like a "production" exhaust.... thanks bladeracer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-19-2009, 7:01 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
oh yea, thanks for reminding me, NO TITANIUM PLEASE! i've welded it before but it is a pain in the ass. i'm hoping to get lucky and find an early hindle because they went 4 into 1 and the exit is nice and low. the less i have to tweak it the better chance i'll have at making it look like a "production" exhaust.... thanks bladeracer.
Hey u still looking for an exhaust system? I have a spare 03 954 (oem)
email me [email protected]

Regards

Steve
post #5 of 16 Old 07-19-2009, 7:55 PM Thread Starter

nah... just looking for an aftermarket system so that i don't have to do too much fab on the mid pipe. i have a gp exhaust that i built out of the stock system but it looks like crap to me...... I know sombody has some old thing ratholed away.... anybody?????
post #6 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 1:16 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
nah... just looking for an aftermarket system so that i don't have to do too much fab on the mid pipe. i have a gp exhaust that i built out of the stock system but it looks like crap to me...... I know sombody has some old thing ratholed away.... anybody?????
OEM headers are ti anyway but the midpipe is just stainless.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 3:37 AM Thread Starter

I thought about building my own midpipe and use the oem header but 4 into 1 merge collectors are hard to make and very expensive to buy. the oem midpipe is a heavy mother f*****. thats part of the reason I don't like the system that I built, too much weight and too many welds..... all that weight acts like keil on a boat when i'm trying tip toe around an apex.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 3:47 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
I thought about building my own midpipe and use the oem header but 4 into 1 merge collectors are hard to make and very expensive to buy. the oem midpipe is a heavy mother f*****. thats part of the reason I don't like the system that I built, too much weight and too many welds..... all that weight acts like keil on a boat when i'm trying tip toe around an apex.
Don't any exhaust places have pre-fabricated collectors you could use?
My local place does a collector of four 38mm (1.5") pipes into a 63mm pipe (2.5") for A$20 in steel or A$40 in stainless.

post #9 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 4:54 AM Thread Starter

maybe i've been looking in the wrong place, the cheapest collector that I found in stainless was about 140us but it was for an automotive application. i checked some exhaust supplier websites, pacesetter, hooker, etc, and didn't find much. thats when i came up with the header idea which would need the least amount of fabrication. I'll look a little harder and see what i can find but I would still like to get ahold of a full system.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 4:57 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
maybe i've been looking in the wrong place, the cheapest collector that I found in stainless was about 140us but it was for an automotive application. i checked some exhaust supplier websites, pacesetter, hooker, etc, and didn't find much. thats when i came up with the header idea which would need the least amount of fabrication. I'll look a little harder and see what i can find but I would still like to get ahold of a full system.
The place I get stuff from only does car and truck exhaust systems but they have a great range of pre-fab bends, joints and flanges which you can mount in place and then simply connect them with lengths of pipe.

post #11 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 5:34 AM Thread Starter

wow, I finally had an internet search that paid off for once. i found a place that makes the components that i had originally wanted to use to build a custom exhaust but they dont have any prices listed. I can't imagine it being too much by the looks of it. all i need is a merge collector and a 2.00 to 2.5 taper both of which they stock. what size are the primary's on the oem 929 header? looks like about 35-40mm or around 1.5" but i'm not sure.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 5:40 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
wow, I finally had an internet search that paid off for once. i found a place that makes the components that i had originally wanted to use to build a custom exhaust but they dont have any prices listed. I can't imagine it being too much by the looks of it. all i need is a merge collector and a 2.00 to 2.5 taper both of which they stock. what size are the primary's on the oem 929 header? looks like about 35-40mm or around 1.5" but i'm not sure.
From memory 36mm ID and 38mm OD of 1mm titanium.
I can measure it if you need to know for sure as I have two spare OEM systems.

post #13 of 16 Old 07-20-2009, 6:00 AM Thread Starter

if you get a chance to measure that would be great but it dosent look like they offer very many choices, as far as od they only show 1.5", 1.675, and 1.75. i'm going to phone them tommorow and see what they got. i'm pretty sure i could get away with 4x1.5"-2.00", and a taper from 2.00"-2.5" for the main tube. I just want it to look "factory" but custom while maintaining a light weight. crossing my fingers this might work. not looking forward to that much welding, I was hoping sombody would come through with a header by now......
post #14 of 16 Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 PM

hey if you still looking for a header I have a 4-2-1 yosh full exhaust but I will sell just the header and mid if you need it. I did the same thing on my 01 erion check it out under the review my ride page under check it out my 01 erion racing...used a hindle header and cut the mid-pipe down to where I wanted it. Let me know have pics
post #15 of 16 Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I just picked up a yosh but its a 4 into 1. If it don't work I'll let you know. I'm kinda excited to get this done.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page