Calling all spares....parts needed!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 5:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Calling all spares....parts needed!!!!

Ok, I'm not sure where to begin, I recently purchased a 95 Honda CBR 900rr, and have had to put some light work into it...okay, I knew this going in to the deal. It is all done execpt I have no front rotors. I purchased some offline, and apparently they are the rotors for a F4I, which are just barely too small for my rims and now I can't ride....

I decided to keep the stock rims (which the front is a 16 inch) and know many riders elect to change the rim for a 17inch front. I would like to know if anybody has the stock rotors for trade for a set that would fit the 17 inch rim. Any help would be appreicated.

Secondly, I have also purchased a second blade, which is a 96 900rr, and it was slightly abused, and I need to get some parts to fix it back up to specs.

The parts I need are:
1 birdcage
1 speedo cluster
1 set of upper inner fairings
1 upper fairing
1 headlight

Any assistance in locating these items would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 9:29 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Calling all spares....parts needed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraySol View Post
Ok, I'm not sure where to begin, I recently purchased a 95 Honda CBR 900rr, and have had to put some light work into it...okay, I knew this going in to the deal. It is all done execpt I have no front rotors. I purchased some offline, and apparently they are the rotors for a F4I, which are just barely too small for my rims and now I can't ride....

I decided to keep the stock rims (which the front is a 16 inch) and know many riders elect to change the rim for a 17inch front. I would like to know if anybody has the stock rotors for trade for a set that would fit the 17 inch rim. Any help would be appreicated.

Secondly, I have also purchased a second blade, which is a 96 900rr, and it was slightly abused, and I need to get some parts to fix it back up to specs.

The parts I need are:
1 birdcage
1 speedo cluster
1 set of upper inner fairings
1 upper fairing
1 headlight

Any assistance in locating these items would be great!
Birdcage?
Can you dress the rotors so they fit your wheel?
A half-round file would do fine but if you're fussy, they'd only take a couple of minutes to do in a lathe.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 9:53 PM Thread Starter

Well, I could do that, however, if I do that, the holes for the bolts still won't line up....they would be 1/32 of a inch off...too much to "fudge" into place...I might be able to get this set to work, but the rim would be ruined thereafter.

As far as the "bridcage", it is what I call the metal support that connects the frame of the bike to the upper fairing, thus giving it more support. It bolts up under the mirriors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 9:56 PM
Global Moderator

The bolt holes don't line up either?
I don't see why the wheel would be ruined if you make the rotors fit it.

What's a birdcage?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Well, I was looking at it like this, "IF" the bolt holes were off center, and I forced the bolt into the wheel, and used locktight, it might work, but what damage would I be doing to the rim by forcing the bolts in, and possibly cutting new threads....
post #6 of 7 Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraySol View Post
Well, I was looking at it like this, "IF" the bolt holes were off center, and I forced the bolt into the wheel, and used locktight, it might work, but what damage would I be doing to the rim by forcing the bolts in, and possibly cutting new threads....
Definately don't force the bolts in but you could dress the holes with a round file if required. I thought the bolt pattern was the same but the centre bore is very slightly smaller?

post #7 of 7 Old 08-15-2009, 4:10 AM Thread Starter

pretty close, the center IS a little smaller than the rim, and the holes are little offset, but only by like a 1/32 of an inch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page