WANTED 1999 Honda Shadow VTS750 CR Frame - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 1:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

WANTED 1999 Honda Shadow VTS750 CR Frame

Just like the title says I need a shadow frame with a good clean ownership. I got ripped off on a deal and now I need a frame. Was a bad deal I lost 6000. Please Help I am in southern Ontario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 1:55 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: WANTED 1999 Honda Shadow VTS750 CR Frame

Do you mean you bought a stolen bike or a bike with a bent frame?
I can't see how you could lose $6000 if it's just a bent frame.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:00 PM Thread Starter

No the bike was taken on a trade for a boat, my boat was valued at 8000 i was supposed to be paid 4000 on top of the bike and the guy hooked my boat and drove off. The police were called and they said it has to be settled in civil court so i have to sue him, i said he stole my boat they still said it was civil. Well it turns out the bike also has a lien registered against it, so I just want to buy a clean frame with ownership and thats all. I have searched and searched for a frame..... i would even buy a custom made one that is set up to hold all the shadow parts... I don't know what to do. I got ripped big time and the law does not protect you in ontario.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:06 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
No the bike was taken on a trade for a boat, my boat was valued at 8000 i was supposed to be paid 4000 on top of the bike and the guy hooked my boat and drove off. The police were called and they said it has to be settled in civil court so i have to sue him, i said he stole my boat they still said it was civil. Well it turns out the bike also has a lien registered against it, so I just want to buy a clean frame with ownership and thats all. I have searched and searched for a frame..... i would even buy a custom made one that is set up to hold all the shadow parts... I don't know what to do. I got ripped big time and the law does not protect you in ontario.
That really sucks.
I can't see how it's a civil matter rather than a theft though.
Had you signed owneship of the boat over to him already?
If the bike has a lien against it though doesn't that mean it belongs to somebody else?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:09 PM Thread Starter

We never signed anything over to him, they were supposed to water test the boat and return the bike was left as collateral and they had a bill signed for the bike stating there were no liens against it. We assume they never tested the boat and just drove off. Thats what I said to the police that it is a theft we never signed anything and he drove off and never returned and they said it was a civil matter. We had an understanding test and return. So now I am going to chop up the bike and use the parts....... better if i can find a nice clean frame
post #6 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:10 PM Thread Starter

Oh yes the bike obviously belongs to the BANK!
post #7 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:12 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
We never signed anything over to him, they were supposed to water test the boat and return the bike was left as collateral and they had a bill signed for the bike stating there were no liens against it. We assume they never tested the boat and just drove off. Thats what I said to the police that it is a theft we never signed anything and he drove off and never returned and they said it was a civil matter. We had an understanding test and return. So now I am going to chop up the bike and use the parts....... better if i can find a nice clean frame
So, if you still have the papers showing ownership of the boat surely it's a very simple matter of going and picking it up?
I wouldn't be doing anything to the bike while the boat is unresolved though.
Once you start treating it as yours you might find it harder in court to claim you were ripped off.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2009, 2:14 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh yes the bike obviously belongs to the BANK!
So the parts you intend to use on a new frame would also belong to them as well? Wouldn't you do better to pay the lien to the bank so that you then own the bike before you start chopping it up?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page