Ohlins Suspension - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-09-2009, 3:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 37
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Ohlins Suspension

Ok peeps ... here is the deal ......

I'm currently working on a complete overhaul/upgrade of my 03' 954. I'm in search of a complete Ohlins fork set for the 954.

The correct (confirmed by Ohlins) part number is FG-831. Unfortunatly Ohlins no longer produces these road and track forks. They retailed out at $2250 brand new from Ohlins so I do under the cost if someone has a set they are willing to part with. No I'm not paying that kinda money for used forks but if they are in good enough condition I will work a fair deal with the seller.

That being said I don't expect to find someone with this setup so I am open to suggestions. What else is available for complete race ready forks. I already have the complete race tech setup but I'm looking for more.

Thanks in advance.
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 09-09-2009, 4:25 PM
 
Join Date: 04-20-2009
Location: ORANGE COUNTY
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: Ohlins Suspension

You can try drop in fork cartridges.....Ohlins doesn’t make a set for the 954 anymore....however, Traxxion Dynamics has the AK-20 set...Race Tech has a 25mm set and I believe GP Suspension has a 25mm drop in set also. ......however....valves and fork springs should be just fine if you are doing track days.....unless you’re a pro racer.....????
MMA03954 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
 
sheepofblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-12-2004
Location: Huntsville AL
Posts: 14,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48
                     
Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Contact Thermosman Suspension in Georgia and ask for his help and recommendations. My experience and others I have heard is that he will be 100% honest, helpful and he really knows his stuff (at a track day Ohlins put on he was the one that ran the suspension class after riding along with the future support for a factory AMA team that he was TRAINING )

Must obey the sheep dog
sheepofblue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 09-10-2009, 7:57 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 37
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
Contact Thermosman Suspension in Georgia and ask for his help and recommendations. My experience and others I have heard is that he will be 100% honest, helpful and he really knows his stuff (at a track day Ohlins put on he was the one that ran the suspension class after riding along with the future support for a factory AMA team that he was TRAINING )
Not a bad idea .... got any contact info I can use?? Whats his name?
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 09-10-2009, 5:40 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 38
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Ohlins Suspension

THERMOSMAN :: SUSPENSIONS

It'll probably be him that answers the phone anyway, his name is Mike.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 10-11-2009, 8:21 PM
 
EatnAsphalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-07-2001
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
Ok peeps ... here is the deal ......

I'm currently working on a complete overhaul/upgrade of my 03' 954. I'm in search of a complete Ohlins fork set for the 954.

The correct (confirmed by Ohlins) part number is FG-831. Unfortunatly Ohlins no longer produces these road and track forks. They retailed out at $2250 brand new from Ohlins so I do under the cost if someone has a set they are willing to part with. No I'm not paying that kinda money for used forks but if they are in good enough condition I will work a fair deal with the seller.

That being said I don't expect to find someone with this setup so I am open to suggestions. What else is available for complete race ready forks. I already have the complete race tech setup but I'm looking for more.

Thanks in advance.
Are you still looking for a set? I just pulled my Ohlins FG831's off my 929 and will be putting them up for sale soon.

Andy
EatnAsphalt is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 6:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 37
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatnAsphalt View Post
Are you still looking for a set? I just pulled my Ohlins FG831's off my 929 and will be putting them up for sale soon.
Very interested ... post up some pics or email them to me. [email protected]
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 PM
 
EatnAsphalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-07-2001
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
Very interested ... post up some pics or email them to me. [email protected]
I updated an old thread where I toyed with selling them.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/for...ins-forks.html

Andy
EatnAsphalt is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 8:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 37
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Ohlins Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatnAsphalt View Post
I updated an old thread where I toyed with selling them.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/for...ins-forks.html
PM sent!
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohlins Suspension, or Brembo brakes need imput smokenssz General Discussion 5 10-31-2008 4:52 AM
OHLINS SUSPENSION JRCU51 Honda RC51 7 08-10-2007 11:13 PM
I pulled the trigger on the ohlins suspension for my 954 today! moregrip Honda FireBlade 39 01-10-2007 7:31 PM
ohlins suspension questions (954) moregrip Honda FireBlade 6 01-07-2007 12:51 PM
Is the Ohlins Rear Suspension worth it? Athens954 Honda FireBlade 9 01-17-2004 3:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome