Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

wanted 98-99 euro/canadian fireblade

964 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bladeracer 
#1 ·
im looking for a 98-99 euro or canadian edition fireblade here in the usa i live in wichita kansas, if you have one or know of one for sale let me know thank you

#3 ·
its mostly cosmetics, paint schemes were not available in the usa, i had a 98 black and silver till some old bi**h cut me off and totaled it flipped metwice down a grass median at about 68 mph i should have been dead on impact but i miss my fireblade and want another one, the main difference is emissions they dont have the required usa so they have a lil more horse power and stuff and as such are not legal in the usa, there was a few that came into the country from my understanding before the usa passed the laws on them and those few are the only ones legal in the states, any imported have to go through customs and a whole crap load of paper work modifications and from my understanding a couple thousand dollars just to get them in to the country, i could be wrong because its been a couple yers since i looked into importing one but i know at the time it was not worth the money and paper work to do so

#4 ·
its mostly cosmetics, paint schemes were not available in the usa, i had a 98 black and silver till some old bi**h cut me off and totaled it flipped metwice down a grass median at about 68 mph i should have been dead on impact but i miss my fireblade and want another one, the main difference is emissions they dont have the required usa so they have a lil more horse power and stuff and as such are not legal in the usa, there was a few that came into the country from my understanding before the usa passed the laws on them and those few are the only ones legal in the states, any imported have to go through customs and a whole crap load of paper work modifications and from my understanding a couple thousand dollars just to get them in to the country, i could be wrong because its been a couple years since i looked into importing one but i know at the time it was not worth the money and paper work to do so

I would just buy a cosmetic set then and put it on a US bike.
I'd have to check but I'm not aware of any emissions stuff that is specific to the US bikes other than Cali models and I'm not aware of any power differences.
The costs of licencing an imported bike down here are prohibitive as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.