wanted 98-99 euro/canadian fireblade - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wanted Buy motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, leathers, boots, gloves, luggage, and more.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

wanted 98-99 euro/canadian fireblade

im looking for a 98-99 euro or canadian edition fireblade here in the usa i live in wichita kansas, if you have one or know of one for sale let me know thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: wanted 98-99 euro/canadian fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwolf308 View Post
im looking for a 98-99 euro or canadian edition fireblade here in the usa i live in wichita kansas, if you have one or know of one for sale let me know thank you

Can't help but I am curious why?
Are there any differences between the US and non-US model?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2012, 5:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

its mostly cosmetics, paint schemes were not available in the usa, i had a 98 black and silver till some old bi**h cut me off and totaled it flipped metwice down a grass median at about 68 mph i should have been dead on impact but i miss my fireblade and want another one, the main difference is emissions they dont have the required usa so they have a lil more horse power and stuff and as such are not legal in the usa, there was a few that came into the country from my understanding before the usa passed the laws on them and those few are the only ones legal in the states, any imported have to go through customs and a whole crap load of paper work modifications and from my understanding a couple thousand dollars just to get them in to the country, i could be wrong because its been a couple yers since i looked into importing one but i know at the time it was not worth the money and paper work to do so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwolf308 View Post
its mostly cosmetics, paint schemes were not available in the usa, i had a 98 black and silver till some old bi**h cut me off and totaled it flipped metwice down a grass median at about 68 mph i should have been dead on impact but i miss my fireblade and want another one, the main difference is emissions they dont have the required usa so they have a lil more horse power and stuff and as such are not legal in the usa, there was a few that came into the country from my understanding before the usa passed the laws on them and those few are the only ones legal in the states, any imported have to go through customs and a whole crap load of paper work modifications and from my understanding a couple thousand dollars just to get them in to the country, i could be wrong because its been a couple years since i looked into importing one but i know at the time it was not worth the money and paper work to do so

I would just buy a cosmetic set then and put it on a US bike.
I'd have to check but I'm not aware of any emissions stuff that is specific to the US bikes other than Cali models and I'm not aware of any power differences.
The costs of licencing an imported bike down here are prohibitive as well.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page