Keep your pimp hand cool.. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-25-2004, 4:47 PM Thread Starter
Fig
 
Join Date: 11-01-2001
Posts: 803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Keep your pimp hand cool..

Note to the socal riders: It seems the CHP is out en masse lately. Might be a good idea to keep those riding speeds at or under the limits. In the last two days riding to work, I have come across numerous CHP cars along the 5 and 14, and I counted 4 cars giving tickets as I passed on the 118. Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
Fig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 AM
 
Join Date: 08-28-2001
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
Note to the socal riders: It seems the CHP is out en masse lately. Might be a good idea to keep those riding speeds at or under the limits. In the last two days riding to work, I have come across numerous CHP cars along the 5 and 14, and I counted 4 cars giving tickets as I passed on the 118. Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
And the SCV sherrifs are running laser now
G-Force Junkie is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-26-2004, 3:48 PM Thread Starter
Fig
 
Join Date: 11-01-2001
Posts: 803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Saw at least 5 more chp cars on the way in today. They are looking for someone or something.. I was crusing down the 14 and was minding my own business, maintaining the speed limit when I finally realized that the white car next to me was a new chp car with the slim light bar. I know he was just waiting for me to screw up..
Fig
Fig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 05-26-2004, 7:01 PM
 
Join Date: 05-10-2003
Posts: 1,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Yeah.. stuntaz... probably hoping you were some numb-nut stunta..... those all-white CHP cars are stealthy....
Holeshot is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-26-2004, 11:40 PM
 
Join Date: 08-28-2001
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
Saw at least 5 more chp cars on the way in today. They are looking for someone or something.. I was crusing down the 14 and was minding my own business, maintaining the speed limit when I finally realized that the white car next to me was a new chp car with the slim light bar. I know he was just waiting for me to screw up..
Fig
Have you seen the ones, I think undercover cars, or detectives or something, the light bar is on the sun visors so you cant even see it unless they flip them down? Sneaky.
G-Force Junkie is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-30-2004, 3:04 AM
 
Join Date: 05-17-2004
Location: CA, U.S.
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
   
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

I too have been seeing the increased CHP presence on the 5 14 and 210. Every day on my way to work in Pasadena I see at least two CHP pull overs. In the evening though I don't see so many on my way home. In the SCV area seems the traffic cops are out enforce as well. Saw three pull overs today alone.
jaim is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-30-2004, 3:07 AM
 
Join Date: 05-17-2004
Location: CA, U.S.
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
   
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Have you seen the ones, I think undercover cars, or detectives or something, the light bar is on the sun visors so you cant even see it unless they flip them down? Sneaky.
I have seen both the white Crown Victoria's without markings and what not and the almost invisible light bar and the other cars with lights in the sun visors and on the back dash. The latter vehicles I believe are detective cars. The white cars are CHP. I haven't seen the white camero's in a while though.
jaim is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-30-2004, 4:54 AM
 
Join Date: 12-10-2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 5,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23
 
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
Remember, because we are bright and shiny, we get the extra scrutiny..
Fig
And I thought it was cause you keep riding on 1 Wheel

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

ratter is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Jay
 
Join Date: 05-11-2003
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Wow, I am happy to live in Richmond, Va where the cops have to worry about murders & crime rather than busting people for speeding and minor infractions.

Did I just say there was a plus side to a high violent crime rate?

Well, I guess we all need to look for the good somewhere, right?
Jay is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-30-2004, 6:36 PM
 
Join Date: 08-28-2001
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Wow, I am happy to live in Richmond, Va where the cops have to worry about murders & crime rather than busting people for speeding and minor infractions.

Did I just say there was a plus side to a high violent crime rate?

Well, I guess we all need to look for the good somewhere, right?
Fighting crime doesnt pad the state budget...
G-Force Junkie is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 05-31-2004, 2:26 AM
 
Join Date: 05-17-2004
Location: CA, U.S.
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
   
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Fighting crime doesnt pad the state budget...
Ain't that the truth. How much do you think one traffic stop of 20 over the speed limit nets the respective township where the ticket was issued?
jaim is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 06-09-2004, 1:40 PM
 
Join Date: 01-05-2003
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Keep your pimp hand cool..

Your Homeland Security dividend hard at work?
CanyonCarver is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President and Pimp Motopilot Off-Topic 1 09-12-2003 11:14 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome