7 hours of my life I want back - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 9:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

7 hours of my life I want back

Did any of you fellow Californians make it out to the 4th annual "SAC to BAY" ride? For those of you that didn't, here's the scoop.

This is an annual ride of mostly (about 98%) sportbikes, that travel from Sacramento to San Francisco. The CHP (California Highway Patrol) were kind enough to lend a hand and block off the freeways for us and make sure everyone made it to their destinations safely. In total there were over 300 bikes of various shapes and sizes, and various degrees of road rash and 'bling bling'

Although the ride started out well, it fell apart towared the end. When we got to the second to last final stop, we ended up waiting 2 hours only to find out that we (sportbikes) were banned from the place we intended to have an end of day bbq. Why you ask? Because this group of 'riders' known as Ruff Riders have a pretty bad reputation around the bay area. This meant the organizers had to scramble and find a new location. Unfortunately - this message didn't get communicated very well and the 350 some odd bikes dispursed into all directions. The newly secured location was stuffed in the middle of BFE (Bum [email protected]#$%@$# Egypt) where there was no cell reception, and the entire area was gravel. All in all, I give it 2 Hindles out of 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 9:41 PM

Re: 7 hours of my life I want back

WTF?! So, what is the "Ruff Riders" composed of? Gang members or something?
post #3 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 9:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonjester
Did any of you fellow Californians make it out to the 4th annual "SAC to BAY" ride? For those of you that didn't, here's the scoop.

This is an annual ride of mostly (about 98%) sportbikes, that travel from Sacramento to San Francisco. The CHP (California Highway Patrol) were kind enough to lend a hand and block off the freeways for us and make sure everyone made it to their destinations safely. In total there were over 300 bikes of various shapes and sizes, and various degrees of road rash and 'bling bling'

Although the ride started out well, it fell apart towared the end. When we got to the second to last final stop, we ended up waiting 2 hours only to find out that we (sportbikes) were banned from the place we intended to have an end of day bbq. Why you ask? Because this group of 'riders' known as Ruff Riders have a pretty bad reputation around the bay area. This meant the organizers had to scramble and find a new location. Unfortunately - this message didn't get communicated very well and the 350 some odd bikes dispursed into all directions. The newly secured location was stuffed in the middle of BFE (Bum [email protected]#$%@$# Egypt) where there was no cell reception, and the entire area was gravel. All in all, I give it 2 Hindles out of 10.
Should have had a gang war and kicked there harley riding asses!

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 9:55 PM

Reputation Power: 19

I think you got it wrong Jungleboy.

Insignificant Member
post #5 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 9:58 PM

So please let us in on the dirt...
post #6 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
I think you got it wrong Jungleboy.
Maybe, has happened before!

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com

Last edited by Jungleboy; 06-12-2004 at 10:07 PM.
post #7 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 10:21 PM

I'll add on to Symon's record of events...

Being the newbie rider that I am, I felt I was not ready to join the big group for the ride, so instead I opted to meet up with them (in the Jeep) at the "secret, undisclosed" final destination. Anyway, I ended up in a different location than SymonJ since everyone got separated in the chaos at the end. Well, I happened to end up in a parking lot with some of the Ruff Ryders. They do ride sportbikes, but they also wear those little tin hats that they call helmets (similar to the ones you see many Harley riders wearing). They are not the outwardly friendliest of people and some were also smoking pot (in public, while riding) in the parking lot while waiting to find out where the rest of the group was. Then, when they left to go join the others, they were pulling wheelies in a residential area - and one of the guys doing a wheelie had a girl on the back, wearing no protective gear.

Anyway, it was a sour ending to what could have been a great event, if it had been better organized, and kept away from the squids.
post #8 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 10:28 PM

I should clarify...I have nothing against people smoking pot, if that's what they choose to do, I just don't think it's the smartest of ideas while riding a motorcycle with hundreds of other bikes. There, had to say that.
post #9 of 26 Old 06-12-2004, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the explanation, MarlaEagle!
post #10 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 2:17 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929

They're a particular group in the area that don't get along with CHP nor have respect for any of the laws they enforce. With hundred of miles of freeway in the bay area, they have plenty of opportunity to act a fool in front of Johnny Law.

http://www.ruffryderswestcoast.com/

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
post #11 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 4:09 AM

Reputation Power: 22

From their site:

We are a family of motorcycle enthusiasts who are bound by a common love for riding. As a division of Ruff Ryders Lifestyles, our organization consists of a large network of professionals and businesses dedicated to helping each other and the communities they serve.

There will be lots of Ruff Ryders events including, but not limited to, Stunt Team Shows, Promo/Album Release Parties, Bike Blessings, Road Trips, Community Service and more. Some events/parties will be open to the public and others will be exclusively for our members.

With that said, please feel free to bookmark us, peruse our site, and participate in our online message board. Always remember to wear your helmet and ride responsibly.
post #12 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 1:06 PM

There are some Ruff Ryders where i live in the central valley of cali (south of sacramento). Mostly kids that where shorts and t shirts while they ride and stunt. I watched one 22 year old kid loop a new zx12.. his first bike. Another group which is about as bad is www.cvhooligans.com. I was out riding the hills near La Grange, and they were stopped on the side of the road. I was chatting with them and noticed they were smoking weed, then got right on there bikes and started to ride wheelies. I just let them pass on ahead of me....my general rule is not to ride with newbies. when i hear "this is my frist bike and i just got it last week"... im outta there.
post #13 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 2:26 PM Thread Starter

Hey all,

Just a heads up on yesterdays event. I am now reading on other sites that the actual reason we didn't get to go to the originally scheduled venue was simple a matter of poor capacity planning. They only had room for 190 bikes, and there were MANY more than that there. Some sites claim there were 1500 machines there (although I tend to believe it was much less than this - around 500). Although this group of 'riders' were giving sport bikes a bad name yesterday, they apparently were not the reason we were not allowed at the park.

On a side note: I would like to say THANK YOU to the CHP for being so great! They blocked off roads and made sure everyone was safe. GREAT WORK GUYS - we appreciate it!
post #14 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 2:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djice929
There are some Ruff Ryders where i live in the central valley of cali (south of sacramento). Mostly kids that where shorts and t shirts while they ride and stunt. I watched one 22 year old kid loop a new zx12.. his first bike. Another group which is about as bad is www.cvhooligans.com. I was out riding the hills near La Grange, and they were stopped on the side of the road. I was chatting with them and noticed they were smoking weed, then got right on there bikes and started to ride wheelies. I just let them pass on ahead of me....my general rule is not to ride with newbies. when i hear "this is my frist bike and i just got it last week"... im outta there.
Yup, CV Hooligans were there too yesterday in full force. Though most of the ones I saw were well into their late 40's or girls in their early 20's. Odd mix.
post #15 of 26 Old 06-13-2004, 9:09 PM

Too bad,though on a selfish note,I'm glad to hear it sucked since I was bummed I couldn't make it last minute.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page