Anyone at PR Trackday 9/17 ?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-20-2004, 4:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Anyone at PR Trackday 9/17 ??

I spotted a long 929 at the track on Friday.. anyone here (it was mostly black).. looked a lot like this bike here..
Attached Thumbnails
some.cbr.rider.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 1:08 AM

Re: Anyone at PR Trackday 9/17 ??

I was there with my track F3, (not the pretty fireblade... yet), and talked with the 929 owner a bit. But I can't remember his name for the life of me.

There's also an older gentleman who I've seen at PR about 5 times this summer with an '02 blade with race body work on it. Red paint job, Attack rearsets, and freshly modified tank from an incident in turn 7 last month.

Last edited by damon_achey; 09-21-2004 at 1:10 AM.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Ah cool! What color was it? I might have some photos of you on it? Did it have a number place, street plastics... ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 11:02 AM

I was #51, and any pictures are very apreciated, thanks

By the way, what were you on that day? Or were you just visiting?
Attached Thumbnails
album_pic.jpg‎  
post #5 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Yeah.. I think I might have some pics... I was on this biggy-piggy..
Attached Thumbnails
998.track.prepped.jpg‎  
post #6 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Yeap... I found a few. Here are the best 4.

I can't believe so many people bailed out on the day! It was nice to have smaller groups and 30 min. sessions on the track that day. Only downside is that I was TOTALLY shagged by about mid-day..

Need to spend more time in the gym than trying to keep up with geeky tech-trends...
Attached Thumbnails
51.01.jpg‎   51.02.jpg‎   51.03.jpg‎   51.04.jpg‎  

Last edited by Holeshot; 09-21-2004 at 11:31 AM.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot
Yeah.. I think I might have some pics... I was on this biggy-piggy..
Beautiful picture of your bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot
I can't believe so many people bailed out on the day! It was nice to have smaller groups and 30 min. sessions on the track that day. Only downside is that I was TOTALLY shagged by about mid-day..

Need to spend more time in the gym than trying to keep up with geeky tech-trends...
Yeah, I was toasted also. I had been doing very well in the 20 minute sessions all summer and was shocked how much the extra 10 minutes just killed me.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

What I need to do is get a 600 street bike and make the Duc track only. I really thing it's too much machine for the street. The ONLY time it really gets into it's own is well in excess of the ton and riding that way on the street is just starting too seem too freaking nutz.

I keep diving by the used bike shop looking at the other ZX6RR they have there... but I should probably pay off the wife's bike first.. I hate debt... but man is it ever tempting...

Going to hit the last track day in October?

Oh.. speaking of which.. sounds like you've run a bunch of tracks days. Which organizations have you done them with and which one(s) do you like best. I think there are like 4 in the Seattle area.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 12:28 PM

There are two days in Oct., 10/8 with AF, and 10/13 with 2-Fast. I'm not going to pre-register unless the weather report looks good the week before, but will definitely be at both if it is decent.

I've done Adrenaline Freaks (AF), Nesba, and 2-Fast. I like them all as long as you get into the right group for your speed. Typically there are large differences in the average pace on a group by group basis in the same order I listed them above (AF fastest, NESBA medium, 2-Fast slowest). But the 9/17 day had the AF slow group being slower than the NESBA slow group usually is.

I bought the 600 F2 (the F3 earlier was a typo) as a used novice bike to learn how to corner with and I think it's done wonders for my riding (1:44's at PR). That and at $1,400 I don't have the anxiety about binning it that a more expensive bike might give. In fact I went down at Spokane this year at 60mph in turn 4 and it did $100 in damage to the bike.

The 954 still intimidates me too much yet, I'm already trying to locate a 600rr for next season.

Damon

Links:
www.nesba.com
www.adrenalinefreaks.com
www.2-fast.org
post #10 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Glad to hear that local track outfits all seem to be pretty good.

I was in Group 3 so I guess I'm pretty slow but I will have to say I did nearly lap the group by the end of my 3rd session. It think that part of the reason the group was so slow is that it was a lot of riders from our Ducati club that are super paranoid about bending up thier babies and some of theme were REALLY REALLY slow though 5-6-7 for some freaking reason. I don't know about you but I think that' a pretty fast section of track if you are not freaking out about the blind left crest going into that corner and lofting the front end going into 6 .

It was by far the smoothest riding I'd ever done and only my 2nd track day on the Duc (3rd track day ever.. first being at Sears Point back in 1996!).

On the street I still find myself (or did) making mid-corner corrections a lot. But on this last track day I only did it once when I sort of freaked myself mid-corner on turn 3.

Can't say enough about how fast track days improve ones riding! I plan to take a proper riding school next spring and if the wife get's up to speed on her riding we might make a mini-vacation of it (like to Las Vegas or something).

Only $1400 for a track-weapon!?!? Wow.. hm.. I will have to re-think my plan. Strangly enough I have yet to really worry about tossing the Duc, never enters my mind conciously but it sure would suck after the fact to bin it.

Thanks for the helpful info!!! I might try to get in more more tack day this year myself.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-21-2004, 12:52 PM

Well if you're interested check out the WMRRA classifieds for cheap track bikes. Many of them won't be pretty, but it's cheap insurance in my opinion.

PS. if you do a 2-Fast day, make sure to sign up for the intermediate group. The slow group there often gets cruisers with full bags and first year riders (I'm not kidding!). It's nice to see them out there, I just wouldn't want to be in that group.

I have a pretty distinctive bike with the bumble bee paint look, so if you spot me there come over and introduce yourself.

Damon

Last edited by damon_achey; 09-21-2004 at 12:55 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page