Track day at Willow Springs 10-25-2004 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 10-25-2004, 7:43 AM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Track day at Willow Springs 10-25-2004

Headed to Willow Springs big track with Trackdaz. Maybe see some of you there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-25-2004, 2:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: Track day at Willow Springs 10-25-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED
Headed to Willow Springs big track with Trackdaz. Maybe see some of you there.

I'll be going tomorrow with MTC, but I wish it was today. The weather is just windy today, it's suppose to rain tomorrow.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 1:30 PM
SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULEWZ
I'll be going tomorrow with MTC, but I wish it was today. The weather is just windy today, it's suppose to rain tomorrow.
Hope your day is going well today bro .

Last edited by SPEED; 10-26-2004 at 1:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 1:33 PM
SPEED

Had a great time on the track, but destroyed a brand new set of USA made Dunlop 208GPA's Here is the report.

Anybody else have problems with them at high speeds?
post #5 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 1:41 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Had a great time on the track, but destroyed a brand new set of USA made Dunlop 208GPA's Here is the report.

Anybody else have problems with them at high speeds?
Just everybody ----- its too cold they are cold-tearing all brands do this seems to be worse at T-Hill, WS apparently----Seems that cold days and fasy speed cause most of the problems---I have torn GP-As (british and US), Slicks, Rennsports, youll see the same thing on the SBR trackdays thread w/Jeff Koch and co
post #6 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 1:51 PM
SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackho
Just everybody ----- its too cold they are cold-tearing all brands do this seems to be worse at T-Hill, WS apparently----Seems that cold days and fasy speed cause most of the problems---I have torn GP-As (british and US), Slicks, Rennsports, youll see the same thing on the SBR trackdays thread w/Jeff Koch and co
Yeah, I did see some cold tearing on other people's bikes, but mine is worn to the wear bars with no indicated cold tearing at all, just balled up on the sides Quite a bit. Should I/Can I go to a 190/55 on my 600RR?
post #7 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I did see some cold tearing on other people's bikes, but mine is worn to the wear bars with no indicated cold tearing at all, just balled up on the sides Quite a bit. Should I/Can I go to a 190/55 on my 600RR?
w/o a picture of tire---it is difficult to tell---if it looks ,anything like what Jeff Ks did--its cold tearing---the trench results in severe traction loss---it is damn near impossible to wear a 600 tire out in a day w/o some kind of trenching or other abherent behaviour
post #8 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 2:21 PM
SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackho
w/o a picture of tire---it is difficult to tell---if it looks ,anything like what Jeff Ks did--its cold tearing---the trench results in severe traction loss---it is damn near impossible to wear a 600 tire out in a day w/o some kind of trenching or other abherent behaviour

Unfortunately I've been too cheap to purchase a digicam, so I'll have to ask someone else to do it for me. I checked out my tires after each session to see what they were doing, and just noticed the balling up, and the loss of rubber, lol. The cold tearing I saw on other's tires looked like ripples or fins kind of. I made sure to warm them up a couple laps each session before getting on them hard. everybody else was dumbfounded too. The tire guy just said they aren't for everybody, and that they aren't made in the same way, or with the same materials as the English tires.

It may be that I'm just too hamfisted.....I went through a full 5gals and that isn't usual for me at a track day.

Last edited by SPEED; 10-26-2004 at 2:22 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 6:11 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Did you try the three down shifts into turn #1 or is the 600 to high in the rpms to do that?

Don't drive a hearse in the carpool lane.
F.D. 2844
post #10 of 13 Old 10-26-2004, 9:37 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Hope your day is going well today bro .
Today was great. No rain until we were loading up, and it was just a sprinkle. I rode with the fast group and then with the slow group to maximize my time, and boy am I tired. We saw Gblade there, and he was having a blast. Definately cold, but not much wind thank goodness. I think it's time for some rearsets, but they are so damn expensive.

Last edited by ULEWZ; 10-26-2004 at 9:38 PM.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-27-2004, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Today was great. No rain until we were loading up, and it was just a sprinkle. I rode with the fast group and then with the slow group to maximize my time, and boy am I tired. We saw Gblade there, and he was having a blast. Definately cold, but not much wind thank goodness. I think it's time for some rearsets, but they are so damn expensive.
Great ride today. When is the next one
post #12 of 13 Old 10-27-2004, 6:38 AM
SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderedcbr
Did you try the three down shifts into turn #1 or is the 600 to high in the rpms to do that?
I'm running stock gearing still, and was only using 5th gear, so I was trying out 1 & 2 downshifts. Gearing & lap timer are my next two things to purchase before my next track day.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-27-2004, 6:39 AM
SPEED

Quote:
That's great!!! Wanted to get out there with you guys, but need new tires already .

Glad you guys had a good time with no water from heaven .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page