Sayin Hi, Input Wanted - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Western USA Regional discussion for members that live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-08-2004, 6:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Sayin Hi, Input Wanted

How are all ya doin' in the Cal forum? A little slow, it looks.

Anyway, SPEED, you ever get my pm on here, or on your board?

I'm looking for some input and assistance putting up a local (Bakersfield, surrounding areas) "Rider" internet forum board, hosting some events, and bringing some of the "scene" here, getting some industry support, and becoming involved in community charities.

Anyone have any experience in this (besides SPEED, who's probably busy with his own.) I'm at the baby-steps portion of this, and any input is good.

Thanks,

-DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2004, 2:28 PM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: Sayin Hi, Input Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout
How are all ya doin' in the Cal forum? A little slow, it looks.

Anyway, SPEED, you ever get my pm on here, or on your board?

I'm looking for some input and assistance putting up a local (Bakersfield, surrounding areas) "Rider" internet forum board, hosting some events, and bringing some of the "scene" here, getting some industry support, and becoming involved in community charities.

Anyone have any experience in this (besides SPEED, who's probably busy with his own.) I'm at the baby-steps portion of this, and any input is good.

Thanks,

-DJ

Sorry I didn't get back to you before now. All you need to do is find a hosting company, figure out what forum software you want to use, come up with a name for your site, and figure out what plan you want to go with through them.....there are some real bad hosting companies, so do some research before signing with one. It's easy to see if the name you want has already been taken, you can check all the hosting compainies for available names using their Domain Name search. As far as advertising, you can pay somone to put it out all over the net, or add meta crawlers yourself.

What is the "Scene" that you are speaking of?

Edit: I just re-read your PM to me here, you have explained your intentions at length. There are already quite a few boards specific to Californina that have been up and running for quite some time. SBN has a So Cal forum that you could use, and maybe even get Fred to give you a Sub Forum off of that for the Bakersfield area. I'd have to speak with you more, to see if we could work out something where you would have a special place on my board.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions over at http://sportbikeswest.com .

SPEED.

Last edited by SPEED; 11-12-2004 at 2:36 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-13-2004, 7:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Sayin Hi, Input Wanted

SPEED-
Thanks for the reply. I'm probably going dedicated server, since I've gotten some feedback since the last post, but thanks for the ideas and the offer - Your site is definately cool, and it seems you got a lot of good people behind you...

Hope to catch ya at some of the larger so-cal events..

-DJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Regional > Western USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page