Blinder than Bats - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-04-2012, 5:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Blinder than Bats

How many of you have raised 2 fingers to a car driver in the past month...I did'nt even get the chance to do that.I pulled out of a junction at low speed as there is a crossing and lights.The weather was drizzly and my tyres were not warm yet,so general caution i thought and did'nt want to slide on the many leaves on ground.My bike being bright yellow (Baby Blade) easy enough to see,with eyes open and taking usual precautions when pulling out,by that i mean when you cross road you look left and right do you not.In a car and particulary on a bike i see it as normal behavior.I pull out and in a distance of 15ft or so notice a black car with driver and passenger just finished reversing from local store it wasnt dark as clocks had'nt changed back.She was going to turn right and i was coming from her right .I was up to about 7-10mph by now following traffic flow and saw this woman look left to check for oncoming traffic look left again still looking left (by this short time) which seemed forever i knew she wasnt gonna look right before pulling out ive seen it many times but normally have more room for evasion ,i had probably 3ft left to decide what to do if ... i decided i would have to slide bike or it was either through drivers window i would be going or a trip over car roof to check for rust...TO MY SURPRISE !!!! she did not look right.To the floor i head traffic and parkers either side and her car in my space..I was fuming to think i have to damage my bike on purpose to save myself further pain and repair bill..fully comp and glad of it..passers by rushed to my aid and a police car already in area ,took me home and got ambulance xrays luckily im kinda tough no broken bones a massive hand damaged knee i had leathers and gloves on as u do...well have i heard from her so call insurers after 2 weeks NO i have text her and said you have till monday or im calling the police and contacting your insurers myself Please if you read this and you drive a car please be carefull especially winter times your in a car we have to think o everything drains that are wet leaves council repaired crap roads full of holes even debris thrown from cars pedestians animals etc etc and BLIND BATS that dont know the road rules LOOK BOTH WAYS and have some respect for us that chose to ride a bike...ty for reading Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 2:13 AM

Reputation Power: 153

Re: Blinder than Bats

Glad you're okay!! HF there are idiots out there.
People just don't shoulder check either these days. That's my biggest peeve and when I've had the blind driveway backout emergency stops, that was the reason, they didn't look again after the initial reverse. I've become the most irritating passenger in the world to my car driving friends...I always say "Shoulder Check!" and look over my shoulder when a person normally should.

My excuse is that I'm doing it to remind myself...heh, heh, now most of them do it too because they think they are reminding ME to be safe. Is that a sort of white lie kinda thing? Oh well, I shall go off to hell gladly if it saves one person.

On our bikes WE have to remember to shoulder check our bicycle lanes. MC guy hit a person on a bicycle last week because he didn't shoulder check his right side while turning right. Both are okay BTW.

Hope you get some results to fix your baby up.

post #3 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 4:24 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270

Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540

Glad you survived Ok. It gives you the sh!ts does'nt it when stuff like this happenes. I had an old D!CK back out of a parking space on me as I was attempting to leave a supermarket car park the other day.
The FUGGER did'nt even look, just reversed out. His passenger spotted me and said something to him but the old PR!CK just kept on reversing. It was obvious by the condition of his Lexus that he drives and parks by the bump and scrape method. I felt like setting the BARSTARDS car on fire.
Be carefull. They're out there.

I was young and stupid then. I'm old and stupid now.
We get too soon old, and too late smart.
I started off with nothing and still have most of it left.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 8:55 AM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Glad your ok but I do have a wee question as you were aware of what was going to happen why didnt you take evasive action sooner?

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #5 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Setanta.... I did take evasive action by sliding my bike and not going through her car door...Were i had accident is a 2 lane road in a village full of idiots,to my left were several bad parked cars of people that had dashed into local co op <In a bus stop space > may i add..To my right was oncoming traffic and also parked cars .Ahead of me was the ongoing traffic and behind me traffic..This woman pulled right across the road blocking my way completely and stopping dead after she realized to late i add, the stupid mistake she had just made..I explained in detail but the time this took was moments and if you;ve had an accident ,before you do in a flash you have to decide what to do.Go into parked cars ..veer right into oncoming traffic stop dead and get hit up arse by persuing traffic of keep going and hit the dicks car..Or slide for less damage .I chose the latter..I have been riding a bike of sorts for 35 years and pride myself on having 1 accident when a hare run into my front wheel and a slide on some spilt diesel ,then this..... for 35 years thats pretty good LOL.. thanks for reply by the way ....Dawn
post #6 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

ty for all replies wishing me well ...Dawn
post #7 of 9 Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 AM

Reputation Power: 25

I had the same thing happen to me a while back while on my Ducati. After I got up the driver said "va bene?" and then DROVE AWAY!
post #8 of 9 Old 11-06-2012, 2:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Hi, and welcome Dawn. Glad you're ok. Real pisser being put into a predicament by an unaware driver. Sorry for your bike, glad you're (sorta) ok though. How's the hand and knee healing?
I drive in city traffic every week. Not nearly as long as you have, but I know what you mean about the brain-dead cagers. I've accepted that it just comes with the territory.
Rider Beware...
post #9 of 9 Old 11-06-2012, 4:09 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdawn50 View Post
Setanta.... I did take evasive action by sliding my bike and not going through her car door...Were i had accident is a 2 lane road in a village full of idiots,to my left were several bad parked cars of people that had dashed into local co op <In a bus stop space > may i add..To my right was oncoming traffic and also parked cars .Ahead of me was the ongoing traffic and behind me traffic..This woman pulled right across the road blocking my way completely and stopping dead after she realized to late i add, the stupid mistake she had just made..I explained in detail but the time this took was moments and if you;ve had an accident ,before you do in a flash you have to decide what to do.Go into parked cars ..veer right into oncoming traffic stop dead and get hit up arse by persuing traffic of keep going and hit the dicks car..Or slide for less damage .I chose the latter..I have been riding a bike of sorts for 35 years and pride myself on having 1 accident when a hare run into my front wheel and a slide on some spilt diesel ,then this..... for 35 years thats pretty good LOL.. thanks for reply by the way ....Dawn
Sorry Dawn I thought you had more time to react and you were traveling very slow, sorry me bad.....heal quickly

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page