Got a hit and run on my 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-25-2013, 6:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Got a hit and run on my 954

Earlier tonight i was stopped at a red light and was suddenly hit from behind..the driver of the car was going about 5mph when he hit me...he stepped out and asked if i was ok then he got back in his car and took off..my neck is and back are sore now..from what i see on the bike it got some paint from his car on my back tire and under the muffer..is there any way i can check if the rear sub frame is bent without taking it off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-25-2013, 7:38 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Got a hit and run on my 954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba209 View Post
Earlier tonight i was stopped at a red light and was suddenly hit from behind..the driver of the car was going about 5mph when he hit me...he stepped out and asked if i was ok then he got back in his car and took off..my neck is and back are sore now..from what i see on the bike it got some paint from his car on my back tire and under the muffer..is there any way i can check if the rear sub frame is bent without taking it off?
Same thing happened to a mate of mine on his Bandit 1200.

Stand behind the bike and sight along the centre of the tail, seat, tank, steering head - should be easy to see if it's straight laterally.
Harder to see if it's bent upwards but I would expect to see broken plastics if it were hit that hard.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 13 Old 02-25-2013, 8:39 AM

Reputation Power: 22

Sounds like you were still well able...I hope you didn't make the mistake of not getting his license plate number.
Anyone hits me on my bike, regardless of who is at fault, and if I'm physically able to, I will get their tag number in case they do speed off.
Granted if I'm laying on the ground incapacitated, that might not be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-25-2013, 9:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Same thing happened to a mate of mine on his Bandit 1200.

Stand behind the bike and sight along the centre of the tail, seat, tank, steering head - should be easy to see if it's straight laterally.
Harder to see if it's bent upwards but I would expect to see broken plastics if it were hit that hard.
i did look at the bike as you said and it might just be me but the subframe seems to be slightly higher on the side the muffler was hit..i will post pictures later today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike View Post
Sounds like you were still well able...I hope you didn't make the mistake of not getting his license plate number.
Anyone hits me on my bike, regardless of who is at fault, and if I'm physically able to, I will get their tag number in case they do speed off.
Granted if I'm laying on the ground incapacitated, that might not be possible.
as he sped off i got maybe a partial plate number the first 4 of his number i am 100% of but not positive on the last 3..i dont think the cops will do anything
post #5 of 13 Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba209 View Post
i did look at the bike as you said and it might just be me but the subframe seems to be slightly higher on the side the muffler was hit..i will post pictures later today

as he sped off i got maybe a partial plate number the first 4 of his number i am 100% of but not positive on the last 3..i dont think the cops will do anything
Well don't count it out, A partial plate with make and model of the car can really narrow it down to a hand full of people. here in NY, the first 3 numbers/letters refer to a specific DMV and time frame. Me and my sister got our cars maybe a month apart but registered at the same DMV and both of our plates begin with EBG. They usually just go in line till they run out of number combinations and then switch to the next 3 alphanumeric prefix. Most license plate numbers aren't reused with in 10 years so.

Basically what im saying is that there is a slimmer chance that (for example) there will be more than 10 Black 1999 Ford explorers registered under the same License Prefix so you have enough info to catch him if you wanted to.

Unless the guy that hit you was in a Fleet Vehicle... then your ****ed lol
post #6 of 13 Old 02-26-2013, 9:52 AM Thread Starter

Some pics of the damage seems like the right side is higher?

post #7 of 13 Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknick1015 View Post
Well don't count it out, A partial plate with make and model of the car can really narrow it down to a hand full of people. here in NY, the first 3 numbers/letters refer to a specific DMV and time frame. Me and my sister got our cars maybe a month apart but registered at the same DMV and both of our plates begin with EBG. They usually just go in line till they run out of number combinations and then switch to the next 3 alphanumeric prefix. Most license plate numbers aren't reused with in 10 years so.

Basically what im saying is that there is a slimmer chance that (for example) there will be more than 10 Black 1999 Ford explorers registered under the same License Prefix so you have enough info to catch him if you wanted to.

Unless the guy that hit you was in a Fleet Vehicle... then your ****ed lol
Well for me, my mom is a court officer and could pull up a tag number and show the address of the person to which the vehicle was registered.
Given I'm the vindictive type, if that happened to me and I was able to get the persons information pulled up, the owner of the vehicle might come out to see his vehicle in pieces/a different color/with four flat tires, with a typed note attached to his vehicle that says, 'this is what happens when you think you can get away with a hit and run'.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-26-2013, 2:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

^^ MY KINDA GUY!!

Unless it was my car that you did that to, then we got issues lol
post #9 of 13 Old 02-27-2013, 7:54 AM Thread Starter

could there be anything that could be damaged from the hit i cant see? its just really bugging me something could be bent or off
post #10 of 13 Old 02-27-2013, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknick1015 View Post
^^ MY KINDA GUY!!

Unless it was my car that you did that to, then we got issues lol
Well if you hit me and ran, then we definitely would have issues. LOL
post #11 of 13 Old 02-27-2013, 2:47 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Welcome to the angry club. Sorry about the headache!
post #12 of 13 Old 02-27-2013, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu4ic1000 View Post
Welcome to the angry club. Sorry about the headache!

If someone nailed me on my bike and ran, I'd be angry too! LOL
post #13 of 13 Old 03-05-2013, 6:36 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Have you checked it any further and /or taken it for a ride. Look it over carefully again. It's hard to tell ifm anything is bent when the bike is on the sidestand without taking measurments. Check that the tire doesn't have belt damage like bulges etc... Check the alignment of the chain adjusters (Maybe one side was shoved forward) and take it for a ride and see if it feels the same. G/L

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page