crash report :) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-27-2013, 7:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 36

crash report :)

Hey guys, iv been waiting to do a crash report until a had a recent accident and I did on Tuesday! Boy was it fun .
Well my buddy shows up on his drz400e and I hopped on my 99 xr250r ya ya ya I kno 250. But shes a hand full plenty of power. Anyways we took out gravel roads hit some trails and went making new trails. All was Great! Rode for two hours. Then on way back we had wheelie contest on good stretch of road well all was. Good for twenty mins or so then I clutched up in second carried wheel clicked third usually wheel will spin a rotation or two when falling in third well not this time so she flipped right over at about 40 on some pretty heavy gravel. I put quarter size hole in my knee cap had 5 stitches put in the next day. Lol... small rash on right hip.
I followed proper procedure during crash feet knees hip and back. Ur supose to try spread impact to prevent further injury. I got pretty lucky wasn't hurt to bad. Bike was running waiting for me to pick it back up. Got up ran-hobbled to bike picked up road home to assess Damage.
Well I was wearing full gauntlet gloves, frank Thomas jacket with armor in all the right places and decent helment thankfully but after my many crashes iv learned to keep head off ground while crashing. Lol
so to anybody who thinks safety gear is for ninnys that is untrue. There are two types of riding those who have gone down and those who are gonna go down. Dress for the crash now the ride. Even experience riders crash but they crash safer cause they were gear!!
if you own a motorbike of anykind you NEED to invest in the proper gear.
if I was to wear my good armor pants I wouldn't have my hospital stitches bill

Hope everybody out there is ridding safely with proper gear. Way cheaper then skin grafts.

Keep em rubber side down guys and gals!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2013, 4:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26

Re: crash report :)

Good story. Good advice. Glad you're OK.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page