Embarrassing - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-13-2013, 6:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Embarrassing

So today I went to get my F3 inspected at a shop that is close to my house. The shop has a fine gravel driveway and sits on a hill. Well I got in and got my bike inspected (passed with flying colors ) but the when I went to leave it all went wrong. I backed up to turn around to go back out to the road when my foot slipped out from under me and leaned the right side over. I caught it but couldn't right it as my foot was at an awkward angle and I was pushing up hill. I hit the horn to get the mechanic to help me right it but he didn't come out. So I held the bike there for a few minutes and my foot slid again dropping me and the bike to the ground just as the mechanic finally came out. She hit pretty soft and only slightly scuffed my right fairings and broke the inner fairing which I already ordered . I was more embarrassed then anything and still kind of am as this is only my second bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-13-2013, 8:43 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Re: Embarrassing

Be thankful you didn't snap your ankle. But glad nothing super bad happened.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-13-2013, 9:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

That has happened to damn near everyone of us. Live and learn, but no need to be embarrased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtron View Post
So today I went to get my F3 inspected at a shop that is close to my house. The shop has a fine gravel driveway and sits on a hill. Well I got in and got my bike inspected (passed with flying colors ) but the when I went to leave it all went wrong. I backed up to turn around to go back out to the road when my foot slipped out from under me and leaned the right side over. I caught it but couldn't right it as my foot was at an awkward angle and I was pushing up hill. I hit the horn to get the mechanic to help me right it but he didn't come out. So I held the bike there for a few minutes and my foot slid again dropping me and the bike to the ground just as the mechanic finally came out. She hit pretty soft and only slightly scuffed my right fairings and broke the inner fairing which I already ordered . I was more embarrassed then anything and still kind of am as this is only my second bike.

Nothing to be embarrassed about :-)
An uphill gravel drive for a bike shop must bring in a fair bit of extra work for them.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 11 Old 05-14-2013, 5:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Cant be helped it happens, not as embarrassed as I was on Sunday... Managed to put water in my tyre rather than air at the petrol station!!

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #6 of 11 Old 05-14-2013, 5:34 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Well since everyone else is saying "Don't be embarrased, blah blah"

I'm going to say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
post #7 of 11 Old 05-14-2013, 6:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Red Face Re: Embarrassing

Hi,

Well went to show my parents my new bike. I pulled up on the undulated road and leant her down on the right. I had all my gear on so nobody knew who I was. The neighbour helped me up. I should have just taken off but opened the visor and said hi Mum and Dad its me your son.

Embarrassed you bet ya

Drybo
post #8 of 11 Old 05-14-2013, 7:43 AM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybo View Post
Hi,

Well went to show my parents my new bike. I pulled up on the undulated road and leant her down on the right. I had all my gear on so nobody knew who I was. The neighbour helped me up. I should have just taken off but opened the visor and said hi Mum and Dad its me your son.

Embarrassed you bet ya

Drybo

Not half as embarrassed as your parents I bet ;-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 11 Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I have nightmares of this...never dream about a big wreck but just simply being in a weird position where I can't hold it up and the bike goes down! Its horrible! Lol
post #10 of 11 Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Oh we have all done it, another great reason for a full faced helmet hides it well

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #11 of 11 Old 05-21-2013, 1:03 PM

Reputation Power: 0

One of my 1st street bikes when I was real young...well this is what went down. It was a beautiful spring day and I went out for a ride. When I came home my mom was watering some plants...ah she also got some of the grass wet. I pulled in like I was the ****...grabbed the front brake and bam! Front tire washed out and I had some new grass stains! Not a good thing to dob in front of the person who thinks bikes aren't safe! But I took it as a learning lesson! Watch out for wet grasss and don't show off!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page