In the first week I'm posting here.....f*ck - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-28-2013, 6:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage
In the first week I'm posting here.....f*ck

So I get home from work tonight, start looking for a spot, which leads me around to the front of my apartments as all the further spots were taken and I was hoping for a random opening up front. I get around to where my bike is parked only to find it laying on its side.....no note, no insurance info, nothing....

At first I thought maybe the wind snatched the cover enough to blow it over... but as I lifted it up to its natural position I noticed that the kickstand was up. The only thing I can think now is that some ass-hat pulled into the spot too fast or during the heavier rain without looking and bumped the rear tire, which would cause it to lunge forward and the kickstand of course would snap into the upright position...

Not much for damage luckily. The frame slider on that side seems to have taken the impact. The mirror twisted around into an unnatural position, the rear peg bracket caught the rear, but not before the tail fairing hit the ground. Didn't crack the fairing, again lucky, but did scratch the decals through the cover.

Going to have a better look in the morning when it's not raining and hope I don't discover anything else. Rear set folded up like it is supposed to, and like I said, it has pretty long frame sliders on it that probably saved a lot of damage.

Just horsesh*t that no one would bother to fess up, leave a note, or even upright it, they just simply took off.. the worst part is that they have to live in my building because of where they were trying to park is only close to my building anyway. I did have the cover on, which is black and silver, but the whole bottom part is silver.... I guess from the back it would be kinda hard to see in the dark, with rain, but it is in fact parked almost directly under a light....grrrr Just hope I don't find anything else in the morning. To aid in being seen I rolled the bike further back in the parking spot so it is more visible when you are pulling up..... if it is on its side in the morning I'm breaking out my gun...

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-28-2013, 6:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Re: In the first week I'm posting here.....f*ck

Oh no that's a nightmare! How can someone be that dumb! Feel for you buddy new bike too the tossers

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #3 of 16 Old 07-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 162

Cameras in the neighborhood?

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-29-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Bad news. Sorry to hear it...
post #5 of 16 Old 07-30-2013, 2:53 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Whenever I park my bike on the sidestand I ALWAYS put it in 1st gear, and run it up against the compression stroke. That way if it gets bumped from behind you at least have a chance that it won't roll forward off of the sidestand, and eat sh*t. In 1992 I had a girl @ a bike night standing with her friends back into my BRAND NEW (216 miles) F2 Honda, and knock it off the stand. left side mirror, turn signals(2), and scuffed the hell out of my mid fairing. I wanted to kill her!! All I got was ooh, sorry.

Last edited by OldDude; 07-31-2013 at 11:03 AM.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage

No cameras unfortunately. That is a good idea Olddude.... All I have to do is remember that it's in first before I try to start it, or things could go bad for me. Well, then again, they won't start in first anyway..... I guess that'll work just fine for me then. Appreciate the suggestion!

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #7 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

I just thought of something thanks to FB1000inPA's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB1000inPA View Post
Cameras in the neighborhood?
From now on, whenever I park in a parking lot, I'm going to look for commercial surveillance cameras. And park within view of them. Might even put a little sign on my bike to alert people to that fact.
What do you guys think?
post #8 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 4:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDude View Post
Whenever I park my bike on the sidestand I ALWAYS put it in 1st gear, and run it up against the compression stroke. That way if it gets bumped from behind you at least have a chance that it won't roll forward off of the sidestand, and eat sh*t. In 1992 I had a girl @ a bike night standing with her friends back into my BRAND NEW (216 miles) F2 Honda, and knock it off the stand. Right side mirror, turn signals(2), and scuffed the hell out of my mid fairing. I wanted to kill her!! All I got was ooh, sorry.
I've always done the same, it's habit, I don't even think about it anymore. Must be an "Old Dude" thing.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 3:10 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDude View Post
Whenever I park my bike on the sidestand I ALWAYS put it in 1st gear, and run it up against the compression stroke. That way if it gets bumped from behind you at least have a chance that it won't roll forward off of the sidestand, and eat sh*t. In 1992 I had a girl @ a bike night standing with her friends back into my BRAND NEW (216 miles) F2 Honda, and knock it off the stand. left side mirror, turn signals(2), and scuffed the hell out of my mid fairing. I wanted to kill her!! All I got was ooh, sorry.

Godsmacked is going to love you!!!--- At least she said sorry, **** happens, you could of asked for her number to assist with the bill and possibly initiate a friendship

I can't remember the last time my bike was out of my sight for any duration........I don't use it for errands or commuting, just pure me time!!!
post #10 of 16 Old 08-01-2013, 2:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Unfortunately I do use mine to commute, but if I have to go to work, which I hate, I may as well enjoy getting there. Even makes quitting time that much more special!

post #11 of 16 Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortion View Post
Amen! I have since gotten over it, mostly... but still sucks when I only had the bike for 3 days. Since that little incident I now park in first gear. My alarm will be here in the next day or two, so I will also get an alert if some jackarse runs into my bike, or even touches it!!!

post #12 of 16 Old 08-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Weaksauce. :/ some crappy people out there.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
post #13 of 16 Old 08-02-2013, 7:45 PM

Bad news, these people just don't care or realise how we love our bikes, they drive around in a bubble, to busy, to tired and worn out with modern day life.
Old fashioned values don't exist any more.

Hope the bike is Ok dude,

Ian
post #14 of 16 Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Bike got off easy for getting tipped. Mild marks on the left engine casing, scuffed up the front side of the mirror (which now matches the other side lol), scratched the tail but it only peeled the decal and didn't actually hit the plastic, scraped up the passenger peg bracket. All in all easy day. I have pretty decently long frame sliders on it, so between that saving the plastics and engine case and the peg bracket catching the tail end, things could have been much worse.

I did get my alarm and installed it today, nothing great but at least it'll warn me if it gets messed with, or if someone hits it. Hopefully I'll be fast enough to grab my gun and get out to it! At least fast enough to chase em down or get the plate number.

post #15 of 16 Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Grab your gun!!!!!?????? That's some messed up U.S. crap right there.... No offence but really.....a gun to protect a bike from a human????

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page