U.S. Army Solider got hit, the guy ran :( - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

U.S. Army Solider got hit, the guy ran :(

I'm a Soldier stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA. Last Friday I was going to work, and some A$$hole cut me off on highway hit me then ran. Frame sliders saved most the bike. Side Fairings are good. Upper needs replaced, slip-on is tore,and Strator Casing broke open. I thought I was lucky Till I saw a hole on the crack case where one of the nuts screwed in from the strator casing. so the bike has 18k on it. Instead of getting it welded to fix. I'm just going to park it for winter and save up for a motor. WA, is a no fault state, and unknowingly my "full" coverage I had didn't include Uninsured Motorist. Which is what the wreck is under since of hit and run. I guess I have to add it onto full coverage. So I have to front the bill. Such a sad day. How does someone hit and run a US Solider in [email protected]!!!! Below are the pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 PM

Reputation Power: 9

Re: U.S. Army Solider got hit, the guy ran :(

Didn't get a license plate so a local blade owner could pay him a visit did ya? if I was local I'd help ya rebuild it, I hope the bastard that hit you gets what they have coming to them.

Thanks for serving
post #3 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

I went running after the car. It was rush hour on freeway, but 5 steps into it my knee hurt. I looked down and there was alot of blood. Only spot I got hurt was on my knees when i jumped off the bike so I wouldn't end up under it lol. Kev Jacket saved elbows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Wow that really sucks! Well post all parts you need and I will let you know if I have any to send your way for you serving! I bet some other members might be willing to help out also. I hope you find out who it was! Good luck on the rebuild.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 PM

At least the jacket saved you. I would have tried to chase him down too. That's whee riding in a group comes in handy as they can follow them and have a nice little talk with the driver of the cage.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

I have pretty much everything. Ordered all the parts the night of wreck, $500 shipped. Just that hole in crank case screws me. I would have to buy a crank set, or find a case and have it milled to fit the crank. I since its in a low pressure area, Im taking it to a place to see if they can wield it, but if they can't Im just going to get a new motor since it will be about the same money in long run. Crank set is around 2000, I can get a complete motor with less miles than I have for cheaper. Thanks alot for the offer. Any help would be amazing, I sure could use some advice on what to do.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 PM

Your biggest thing will be labor cost unless you are doing it yourself and if so I would suggest investing some money in a manual for your bike. It will save you a ton of hassle and time in the end!
post #8 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Yea, I got one. I can do alot of the work myself, but I live in an apartment. I can only do so much of the work myself. I think a motor swap would be cheaper in labor then changing crank set.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 12:05 AM

Yeah, you can drop a motor in a little over an hour if you know what your doing. I dropped mine out using 2 ratchet straps to lower it down and raise it up. Worked perfectly for me twice now. If you can get all the parts together you should be able to put your new engine in the bike in an afternoon.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 2:58 AM Thread Starter

I live in an apartment lol. If the wield doesnt work, I plan on buying the motor and renting a bay on the post motorshop and slamming it out. If I cant I will just take it to honda.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 2:58 PM

That sucks, hate hearing about these things and thank you for your service. You dont have any friends with a garage and some tools? Even if you can rent a bay for cheap it all adds up in the end. I would ask around, maybe someone on the forum lives close by and is looking for something to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page