Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Well boys I went down... Graphic pics

12K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Camper 
#1 ·
So I managed to get myself in trouble and wreck on Friday. Was riding my Harley down a Main Street here locally and had somebody on my ass and beside me so I was kind of getting boxed in. I looked back to see how close they were and then turned back forward to see a stopped car in front of me because ofa large police drug bust that had backed traffic up.

I swerved and avoided hitting the back of the car dead on and just clipped it. Hit it with the right side of the bike and the right fork tube and launched me pretty good. Ended up breaking both my tibia and fibula in my right leg but came away unscathed for the most part beside that. Few scrapes here and there but I faired pretty well with everything taken into account.

I'll warn you guys some of these pictures are graphic might not want to look of your squeamish.

#29 · (Edited)
Thought I would throw up a little update guys, they didn't see any bone growth at all in the tibia which was a compound fracture for 6 months so they decided the best option was a 4th surgery. I agreed so under the knife I went once again back in February. Just went back to the doc this week right at about 6 weeks later and they saw so,e bone growth in X-rays! Hearing this was awesome since I hadn't heard much good news about the leg other than still having it in the last 7 months now.

I will get weight bearing back in a month and hopefully be back on my bike yet this summer! As long as I can finish up this engine rebuild that's been sitting in my garage for nearly a year now :D

This was the cat scan at 6 months to confirm no bone growth

Edit to add pic

#30 ·
Great to hear! I was starting to wonder as we hadn't really heard anything from you in a while. I'm glad that some good news came along =)

#31 ·
I've been lurking around mostly just to follow lambchops build. This last surgery hurt worse than the original accident did but I'm glad it was worth it since it seems to be working. I'm hoping to be riding again in July sometime if the doc allows it! I know he doesn't want it as he is opposed to me ever getting back on a bike but that's not gonna happen!

#36 ·
Well guys I got some good news the other day :smilebig: I got full weight bearing back a couple weeks ago and I officially am back on the bike :eyebrows: it may not be your kind of bike but a new bike is picture worthy no matter the brand right? Yes I do still have my 900rr but now I have this as well :)

I rode it around the block and up to the gas station for a quick test on the leg and all went well so there will be a lot more riding in the near future :thumb:

You guys have no idea how incredibly excited and happy I am to be finally back on a bike. Been a very long 9 months but I'm back :D

#44 ·
Comments from folks who have seen the lights range from AWESOME to RIDICULOUS... Cool is important, but what should matter is SAFETY.

Unlikely that you'll wear the LightRider if you don't really believe that it will increase your visibility, and could save your life.

You expect your high-dollar helmet to "protect" you in a collision. Now you have a product that enables your helmet to help "prevent" one.

www.lumenflex.com

#45 ·
Cool is important, but what should matter is SAFETY.
Whilst that statement maybe true, people won't use It to be safer if it also doesn't look cool. A great big flashing orange beacon would be safer but look s**t.

That looks too "random ebay lights stuck on my lid" for my liking, especially with it being a ring of lights all the way round. If it was broken up at least with whites across the front and some red chevrons or something at the back it might look better imo.

#48 ·
Can't wait to get back on my 900rr as well. If these damn bearings weren't back ordered I'd be set! I ordered all my engine bearings from partzilla and they shorted me a bearing and sent me one that looked terrible. Then the replacements for those got back ordered along with 7 of my crush washers. This is getting a little ridiculous. Their customer service is kind of snotty as well, they didn't think to mentioned the parts I'm waiting on to put my bike back together were back ordered. :thumbd:

#54 ·
Can't wait to get back on my 900rr as well. If these damn bearings weren't back ordered I'd be set! I ordered all my engine bearings from partzilla and they shorted me a bearing and sent me one that looked terrible. Then the replacements for those got back ordered along with 7 of my crush washers. This is getting a little ridiculous. Their customer service is kind of snotty as well, they didn't think to mentioned the parts I'm waiting on to put my bike back together were back ordered. :thumbd:
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE website and terrible people at the helm. Customer service is garbage. They royally FÜČKED me several times and sent a rusty "new oem" gas tank with a decent size dent to a friend, then were dicks when he wanted to send it back.

You learned your lesson like I did.... :thumbd:

Avoid that place like the plague..

#49 ·
Well thats a great news and glad your back. im still new to this forum and i`m still learning about safety and riding. I do ride at night 2 of my friends told me to get very visible at night thats why i wear my high visible vest also i did put a red reflective tape on my helmet i know it looks kinda funny but it does help from far away. Also i won`t ride unless i have a full body armor inside my mesh jacket and knee guards, boots and kevlar jeans. Like my friend told me " I RATHER SWEAT THAN BLEED" :):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.