Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Well boys I went down... Graphic pics

12K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Camper 
#1 ·
So I managed to get myself in trouble and wreck on Friday. Was riding my Harley down a Main Street here locally and had somebody on my ass and beside me so I was kind of getting boxed in. I looked back to see how close they were and then turned back forward to see a stopped car in front of me because ofa large police drug bust that had backed traffic up.

I swerved and avoided hitting the back of the car dead on and just clipped it. Hit it with the right side of the bike and the right fork tube and launched me pretty good. Ended up breaking both my tibia and fibula in my right leg but came away unscathed for the most part beside that. Few scrapes here and there but I faired pretty well with everything taken into account.

I'll warn you guys some of these pictures are graphic might not want to look of your squeamish.

#4 ·
It's pretty rare to only break one of the lower leg bones - you get one you get em both. Heal fast dude - make sure you got a copy of your xrays to keep and show around :)

#8 ·
Thanks for the warning - very considerate :thumb:
Easy pics to zoom by if needed. You, however look pretty happy! Must be some good painkillers :rotfl:

Hope you heal up quick and thanks for sharing, it's a good reminder to people how fast things can get messy.

Sometimes I wish I could use a flamethrower for tailgaters...

#11 ·
Sorry to hear about the off. Glad you made it through in one... mostly one piece. Now think of the fun you'll have every time you go through a metal detector! Best of luck in the recovery, don't pull no Rossi stuff and get back on the bike after 2 weeks.... take the time to heal up proper!

#12 ·
I feel for ya... Really! Been three weeks since I left the hospital, and consider myself fortunate that my high-side bike flip only earned me five broken ribs and some road rash.

The "what ifs" aren't important. What is important is that you heed your doctor's advice so you can heal quickly. Good luck!

#18 ·
Yep! Listening to the doc close. Ended up having 3 surgeries in a week one for the rod and to relieve the compartment syndrome then they went back to clean it out and replace the wound vac and then the final one to flush and remove the wound vac and then they did a skin graft to cover it all up.

Finally got released from the hospital so now I'm back home with my parents trying to make due. Thanks for all the support guys hopefully I can get back to work before too long so I can start saving up to finish putting my bike back together!

#21 ·
Bike is written off because the frame got tweaked. The footpad got ripped from the frame tweaking it in the process. I am quite saddened by the news of the write off because the bike was left to my family from a good friend that passed away. I wanted to rebuild it but it was my dads choice and he took the money from the insurance. We got a good price for the bike at 7300 for a 94 fatboy in pretty poor shape, so we are happy with that just wish we could have rebuilt it because of the sentimental aspect.

#24 ·
Quick update with a few pictures guys! I'm heali up great on the outside now we're just waiting for the inside to heal up. The bone isn't getting as much blood as it would normally because of how traumatic of a compound fracture it was. Everything is just held together with the rod that is in there!

Week 4

Week 5

Week 7

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.