I don't know what just happen... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Vik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Smile I don't know what just happen...

]Just baught a 2009 Ninja 250r(complete newb on sportbikes) since my 18th birthday is on Oct. 19th I decided to buy me my girl. Well she was awesome and worked without any issues the evening I brought her home(so glad my parents liked her). Well today I come home after work and see her laying on the side!(don't know how long she been that way) and a lake of gas/oil around her I quickly picked her up(not a scratch on her) and gave her about 10 min then tried starting her...all i got was a clicking noise like when the car battery was dead and you tried starting it. I WAS SO MAD! and then my 4 year old brother comes in garage and says "Viktor im sowy I dwoped your motowcycle" I was just so mad I didn't know what to do so I just told him that we will talk about it later so I don't yell at a child. Well I srtipped her down got to plugs wipped hem clean(ish) but I honestly Didnt know what I was doing... well long story short didnt work. So I just got her to the nearest hill on my street, put her on 1st and BOOM! She worked! Made couple of laps around the block, came home killed the switch and started her...WORKED! Repeated about 2-3 more times and it worked! so now I dont know what to tell my little bro...
(Ignore my messy garage lol)
Attached Thumbnails
WP_001016.jpg‎   WP_001040.jpg‎  

Last edited by Vik; 09-27-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 1:19 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: I don't know what just happen...

Tell him sometimes things like this happen. Give him a big kiss and tell him you love him.
That simple.
post #3 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 1:57 AM

Reputation Power: 9

Hope you checked the oil before trying to start it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 7:52 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
]Just baught a 2009 Ninja 250r(complete newb on sportbikes) since my 18th birthday is on Oct. 19th I decided to buy me my girl. Well she was awesome and worked without any issues the evening I brought her home(so glad my parents liked her). Well today I come home after work and see her laying on the side!(don't know how long she been that way) and a lake of gas/oil around her I quickly picked her up(not a scratch on her) and gave her about 10 min then tried starting her...all i got was a clicking noise like when the car battery was dead and you tried starting it. I WAS SO MAD! and then my 4 year old brother comes in garage and says "Viktor im sowy I dwoped your motowcycle" I was just so mad I didn't know what to do so I just told him that we will talk about it later so I don't yell at a child. Well I srtipped her down got to plugs wipped hem clean(ish) but I honestly Didnt know what I was doing... well long story short didnt work. So I just got her to the nearest hill on my street, put her on 1st and BOOM! She worked! Made couple of laps around the block, came home killed the switch and started her...WORKED! Repeated about 2-3 more times and it worked! so now I dont know what to tell my little bro...
(Ignore my messy garage lol)

That's a kid that has a ton of respect for his big brother! Most kids I've known would be blaming the dog :-)
Give him a hug from me too!

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 1:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Just be glad it didn't fall on him and serious hurt him or worse! You should get a rear stand and park it on that. Makes the bike much more stable when parked compared to the side stand.
post #6 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 1:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

I would just tell him good job for telling you and to be more careful. Give him a big hug and let him know he's not on your sh*t list.. yet =P Also, welcome to the wonderful world of riding!! Be sure to check your oil levels make sure coolant didn't find its way into the oil..

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #7 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 2:08 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
That's a kid that has a ton of respect for his big brother! Most kids I've known would be blaming the dog :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz_RS View Post
Just be glad it didn't fall on him and serious hurt him or worse! You should get a rear stand and park it on that. Makes the bike much more stable when parked compared to the side stand.
Sounds like a good kid! Sucks, but accidents do happen, I'm sure curiousity just got the better of him. Let him help you wipe it down, it'll make him feel included.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #8 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 5:27 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Yeah, give the kid a pass. I remember I was going to wash my Dad's LTD 750 when I was real little. I struggled with trying to move it then it fell over on me when I got it onto the grass. Man, I was so scared. I was trapped under that thing for like an hour thinking he's gonna kill me. He was pissed but pretty cool about. After he lifted it and set me free, he told me to wash it so he could look for scratches!
post #9 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 5:51 PM

Garage

I'da told him that I at least made sure it had a soft landing =P

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #10 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 9:23 PM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz_RS View Post

That's a good point. Make sure you warn him about the hot engine, brake discs and exhaust system as well. I'm always worrying about kids touching my bikes when they're hot.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #11 of 45 Old 09-27-2013, 9:32 PM

Reputation Power: 19

My daughter has 500 Ninja and it tipped over a couple of times. The side stand was a little too long which made the bike stand up really straight. A hard wind would blow it over. I cut about 3/4" off the stand and welded it back together. Hasn't fallen over since.
post #12 of 45 Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Yep give that kid a hug. He is 4 and even if the bike was damaged you shouldn't be mad at him.
post #13 of 45 Old 09-28-2013, 1:42 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post

I bet that's a kid that was riding like the wind. Probably climbed all the way to the top of the bike, leaning over twisting the grip, hair blowing in the wind and then whoa.........., oh no. I'm I in trouble now. But for those few moments when he was up there on the powerband, leading the pack, he was the man. . No one could catch him.
post #14 of 45 Old 09-28-2013, 2:30 AM

Garage

^^ haha, didn't even think about that.... priceless...

post #15 of 45 Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Vik

Reputation Power: 0

I did give him a hug guys...I was pretty darn mad cuz i bought her a day before but accidents happen for sure so whatever lol This little guy is like me...always about bikes... She was lucky to land on the tip of the mattress that was standing there so no scratches
Btw do 250s supposed to jerk(jump) forward a little when you give it alittle throttle?(in any gear) its bothering me a little, I hope her transmission is ok.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page