Went Down:{ - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 1:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Went Down:{

Nothing too serious. I was following a truck down a hill and I'd say we were both going around 30 mph. A little fast, speed limit 25. He decides to stop very quickly to drop his passenger off. I tried braking and my rear tire locked. I was wobbling a bit and just decided to release the brake. I just thought it would be safer to drive past him. Unfortunately, there was a turn right after. I downshifted to 1st gear right before the turn, which probably wasn't a great idea. Fell over and slid immediately. I probably could have kept it up If I gave it gas. I drive a big kat, 1100. So, I don't if I could have or not. Happened too quickly.

Cop saw the whole thing. He made sure I was okay and everything. But, told me I was going a little too fast. He was right, but I don't know what else I could have done.

No serious damage to bike, just my left foot pedal fell off. Some scratches on the side fairing. I rode my bike home, but I smelled something burning. I looked down And my exhaust somehow moved up so that's it's touching the passenger foot peg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 3:49 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: Went Down:{

Glad you made it ....but 30 in 25mph zone is hardly speeding...doubt that was the cause.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 4:14 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Speed wasn't the issue - following too closely and using the rear brake instead of the front was the issue.

Glad you're ok though. Give the bike a GOOD looking over, just in case you missed some damage.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 8:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Emergency braking is never good with the rear =P I was out effing around earlier today, decided to gas it cut over to the other lane to go around a car, well as soon as I got into the other lane the 3 cars in front of my hit their brakes hard. I was, of course, on the gas hard at the time, so I had to let off the throttle and grab a handful of brake (front only) to not rear-end anyone. Back tire lifted a bit and stayed there for about 40 feet or so until I was able to stop.. Had I even touch the rear brake I am positive I would've been on the ground.....

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #5 of 7 Old 10-07-2013, 11:34 PM

Reputation Power: 9

Glad to hear your okay, I had something similar happen because of me turning to look at the guy tailgating me. I wasn't able to completely miss the car infromt and landed me in the hospital for a bit. Good to hear you walked away and rode it home!
post #6 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 1:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Glad you're ok man!
It's always good to replay what happened over and over in your mind. Till you figure out what happened and how you'll avoid it or escape it in the future.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 5:39 AM

Reputation Power: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Glad you're ok man!
It's always good to replay what happened over and over in your mind. Till you figure out what happened and how you'll avoid it or escape it in the future.
Those who do not learn from history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page