Out for season - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-17-2014, 8:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Out for season

You know when I dropped the bike early this season I shoulda known it would be a bad year. Well I am now out of commission for the rest so it doesn't matter anymore. On July 4th a drunk driver took me out. I was headed to my new lady's house after a cookout at my own family when around a corner the moron crossed the center line into my lane. When he crossed I was already entering at about 55mph and swerved around him when I did I hit a patch of gravel over-corrected and ended up in the shoulder with my @ss in the air sliding on my back. I had my helmet jacket and gloves on at the time and I say they saved me. I ended up with 6 broken vertebrae in my back and hurt pride. The bike is mostly cosmetic from what I saw, a family member rode her home for me. I am waiting to heal and waiting to get my baby up to my house as she is at my closest family member's house right now. Gonna fix her up this winter hopefully after I can bend and lift again and it gives me a project I suppose. Just remember to look out for those drunken cagers guys and gals and be especially careful on them holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-17-2014, 8:53 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Re: Out for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtron View Post
You know when I dropped the bike early this season I shoulda known it would be a bad year. Well I am now out of commission for the rest so it doesn't matter anymore. On July 4th a drunk driver took me out. I was headed to my new lady's house after a cookout at my own family when around a corner the moron crossed the center line into my lane. When he crossed I was already entering at about 55mph and swerved around him when I did I hit a patch of gravel over-corrected and ended up in the shoulder with my @ss in the air sliding on my back. I had my helmet jacket and gloves on at the time and I say they saved me. I ended up with 6 broken vertebrae in my back and hurt pride. The bike is mostly cosmetic from what I saw, a family member rode her home for me. I am waiting to heal and waiting to get my baby up to my house as she is at my closest family member's house right now. Gonna fix her up this winter hopefully after I can bend and lift again and it gives me a project I suppose. Just remember to look out for those drunken cagers guys and gals and be especially careful on them holidays.
Sad to hear about the damage to you and your machine, man. I, too, was taken out by a drunk driver (almost 15 years ago) on Independence Day weekend. My injuries were not as bad as yours, but my F2 was NOT rebuildable. I'm glad to hear your gear saved your butt (literally) and look forward to the possibility of a rebuild thread

postscript: nice to hear you were wearing a helmet despise Pennylvania's UNhelmet law, and where in PA are you from?
post #3 of 9 Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Sad days fellas. So sorry everytime I hear about riders getting taken out by careless cagers.
Godspeed to both of you guys, wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Unslow I am in western Pa. I am sorry to hear about your run in with morons who should have their licenses along with certain body parts removed forever. I despise the no helmet law here and anytime I see someone without gear I just shake my head. And I will def put up some pics once I get Naomi back =). Thanks Jon it is nice how they care about others. Kicker is the person didn't even stop they just kept on going >.<.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37

Good to hear you survived your run in. Spread the word about gear to fellow riders maybe share a few pics of a scraped up helmet or jacket as well to convert the unbelievers.
When I got hit and slid on my face, people were amazed at the damage to my lid, esp since it was only about 25 mph. That guy tried to leave the scene as well.
No one knew I had crashed. You can bet that would've been different had I not been wearing a full face helmet.
Heal quick and get back in the saddle!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 2:42 PM

Garage

Quote:
Unslow I am in western Pa. I am sorry to hear about your run in with morons who should have their licenses along with certain body parts removed forever. I despise the no helmet law here and anytime I see someone without gear I just shake my head. And I will def put up some pics once I get Naomi back =). Thanks Jon it is nice how they care about others. Kicker is the person didn't even stop they just kept on going >.<.
Hey not to side track the subject but I am from Western PA too maybe get a group ride together sometime? PM me if you can.

Anyways, freaking drunk drivers I hope for a speedy recovery and you get back out as soon as possible as for that driver I hope Karma bites him in the butt (not a death threat) but in a way that it makes them realize the consequences they not only put themselves in but others when they do stupid **** like that!!!

Kevin
2001 Honda CBR 929rr Repsol Edition (Arielle)
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html
post #7 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 3:21 PM

Reputation Power: 26

So sorry about your accident!! It's such a shame that we have to share roads with the scum of the earth on a daily basis..

I wish you a very speedy and smooth recovery brother...

Keep us informed!!

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2
post #8 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 8:19 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Quote:
thanks. looking forward to those pics of Naomi heal up, man... saddles are made to be occupied
post #9 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 8:32 PM Thread Starter

Well scrounged up some pics that were sent to me while I was in the hospital of Naomi and my gear. Gear doesn't look bad but I don't trust the crumpled padding in the jacket nor the helmet after an off at that speed. I would like to thank you guys for the well wishes and I look forward to adding to my thread on Naomi as I repair her once I get okayed to bend and lift some.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0155.jpg‎   IMAG0160.jpg‎   100MEDIA$IMAG0167.jpg‎   100MEDIA$IMAG0154.jpg‎  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page