Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

4 ft mexican in a Esclade

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  blunt 
#1 ·
Got backed over by a lady I work with. Riding to work 6 am just before Halloween I left the CBR home decided to ride the VFR a SUV stops about
3 or 4 car links up. I think what is she doing about that time backup lights
come on. My only thought was how am I going to save my bike, about that time BAM. I stayed upright for about 20 feet then lost my balance fell over
continued sliding on the ground about another 10 to 15 feet watching the back tire getting closer and closer. The another truck came around the corner and she stopped threw in in drive and took off. When she got to the end of the street she turned around and came back having no ideal she almost killed me. I said some things I shouldn't and she said OH MY GOD
I NO SEE YOU. No license no insurance she said she would fix it but it still
sits in my garage trashed.

If this ever happens to you like I told my son throw the kick stand down and get away

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Yes having lived in Texas for 8 years I can tell you Hispanics don't like being called ******* or Mexicans for that matter. Once called a coworker
a Mexican he said I ain't a ****ing Mexican I was born here. Sorry man
For the record I'm not Hispanic, and I was not attacking you for your post, I didn't find it offensive. I do concede that certain ethnicities do seem to be worse drivers than others. I would have gotten a police report, co-worker or not. People without licenses and insurance need to be taken of the road, and the only way to do that is hit them hard in the pocketbook. They make the roads less safe and insurance more expensive for the rest of us who haven't made an claim in 31 years of driving. I just try to catagorize people based on their actions, not ethnicity. There's good and bad in every race. Also, showing respect for all races goes without saying. Having been born and raised in the melting pot that is L.A. I have had, and still have friends from a large cross section of people and ignorant ******** are the minority.

#7 · (Edited)
My first thought was dragging her out of her truck. After I saw it was a coworker I just screamed at her. That didn't do anything but make me feel
bad. So I just picked my bike up rode the last couple hundred feet to the parking lot pouring antifreeze everywhere. After I sat down in my office I realized how lucky I was to be alive. You're right I should have called the
cops. By that afternoon she was telling everyone I saw her backup lights
come on and I should have got out of her way.

#8 ·
Lesson learned?

1 always call 911 and start the paper trail of a report. Ask for the police.
2 NEVER - EVER scream or yell or drag anyone out of their vehicle. Do not touch them or their property in any way. That shows YOU have lost control. Everyone has cell phones with video recorders. Sets you up for a very nasty lawsuit.
3 Try to focus on your safety, get yourself out of the way of traffic, and use your judgement whether or not to move vehicles out of the way. It's common for the other person to lie - after the fact - so if there's any chance the other person may lie later, don't move the vehicle.

4 Politely inform the other person that you would like to exercise your right to exchange driver license and insurance information. If they have no insurance or drivers license, stop talking and wait for the police. No matter what the other person does, sit tight and wait for the authorities.

5 none of the above applies if you have a warrant out for your arrest. Leave. :rotfl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.