Went down on my FZ 09 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Went down on my FZ 09

Hello every one,

So I went down on Xmas eve in a parking lot, not the usual 5mph drop but it was more like 35mph going in the parking lot of a shopping center, car backed up without seeing me coming, try to avoid it by leaning and applying some throttle and it got stuck in, bike pop a wheelie went down side ways and took me underneath a car.

Damage:
Open fracture in fib and tib and fractured left clavicle. Glad I'm still here to talk about it but being disabled temporary and walking with crutches, ain't no fun. frame sliders took the hit and the exhaust got smashed in; only that canister but I think I will have to buy a full exhaust again or install the stock one again.

Ride safe every one.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg‎  

2014 FZ09
02 CBR954RR FORSALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 2:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Re: Went down on my FZ 09

Not meaning to be a smart arse, but just dont do 35 in a parking lot. No one who is backing out will ever see that coming in time.
Hope you heal up ok and the bike scrubs up alright!
post #3 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 3:40 AM

Reputation Power: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Not meaning to be a smart arse, but just dont do 35 in a parking lot. No one who is backing out will ever see that coming in time.
Hope you heal up ok and the bike scrubs up alright!

Could've possibly been avoided by riding a bit safer, but glad to hear you're ok.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 6:22 AM

Reputation Power: 5

Sorry for your injuries.

We all make mistakes but I have to say don't get back on a bike.

Pete
post #5 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 6:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

35 in a parking lot on Christmas Eve? You couldn't possibly have picked a worse time than Christmas Eve to haul a** through a parking lot! A wheelie on your FZ09? You gave her a little more than SOME throttle, you gave her all of it! Hell, I almost got run over twice this year just walking through parking lots, the mall and Bed, Bath and Beyond, people are 5X stupider at Christmas (conservative estimate) Hope you heal up well and learned a valuable lesson, not to be a [email protected], but the next lesson could be a lot worse if you didn't. Be safe.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #6 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the inputs, I know I was wrong and I learned from it, I can't wait to get back on a bike and be more careful this time not to do anything dumb.

2014 FZ09
02 CBR954RR FORSALE
post #7 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Hi

Here in the Uk you have to do compulsory training on small bikes but I see a lot of people in the states get a Fireblade for a first bike is that allowed?

I'm 65 when I got my licence when I was 16 we were limited to a 250 until we passed our test.

Despite that, I struggled to insure a Fireblade because they wanted 2 years no claims to insure a sports bike over 600. I insured a 1200 Bandit no probs.

Bikes are a dangerous place to be.

Ride safe out there and get well soon.

Pete
post #8 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Hi

Here in the Uk you have to do compulsory training on small bikes but I see a lot of people in the states get a Fireblade for a first bike is that allowed?

I'm 65 when I got my licence when I was 16 we were limited to a 250 until we passed our test.

Despite that, I struggled to insure a Fireblade because they wanted 2 years no claims to insure a sports bike over 600. I insured a 1200 Bandit no probs.

Pete
post #9 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 1:51 PM Thread Starter

For the record, I have been riding over 5 years and had no accidents and I had pretty close to death situations that I got out of with no scratch due to my defensive riding style, and fire blade isn't my first bike, it's my fifth. So it's a part of the sport to go down, it's a matter of when.

Thanks for the replies and be safe out there everyone.

2014 FZ09
02 CBR954RR FORSALE
post #10 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo818 View Post
For the record, I have been riding over 5 years and had no accidents and I had pretty close to death situations that I got out of with no scratch due to my defensive riding style, and fire blade isn't my first bike, it's my fifth. So it's a part of the sport to go down, it's a matter of when.

Hi

Not suggesting you are inexperienced.

I don't consider myself a good rider and everybody should ride their own ride.

I was just curious about the licence thing. I will start a thread and ask.

No offence intended.

Pete
post #11 of 22 Old 01-28-2015, 3:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeBikes View Post
Hi

Pete
That is correct, here in the U.S. you are free to purchase and ride whatever you like, regardless of age or experience . Not popular with most folks in the U.K., I know, but we do enjoy our freedoms, at least what we have left . Getting and paying for insurance, now that is a different situation entirely. I tried to buy a new Suzuki GS 750 when I was 18, 1 year's insurance premium for full coverage ( required when financing) was damn near as much as the price of the bike. Needless to say, being that I was not a spoiled rich brat, I was working as much as possible, living on my own and putting myself through A&P school while getting very little, if any help from my parents, I settled for a nice used CB 750 my dad found from one of his coworkers for $750, a buck a cc. When I see kids riding new liter bikes what goes through my mind is how the hell can they afford them, must be spoiled...Anyway, hope that answered your question...
P.S. If I didn't catch you back in November,

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #12 of 22 Old 01-29-2015, 1:26 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo818 View Post

So since you've been riding 5 years, and have owned 5 bikes, you didn't wreck from an inexperienced mistake, you wrecked as a result of stupidity.

I'm not gonna judge. Maybe you were showing off to a fine looking female walking outta the store? Although, I'm sure you didn't look very cool sliding across the parking lot.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned: you'll always look cooler riding safely, wearing gear, on both wheels than you will sliding in a parking lot, trashing your bike, and endangering lives.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
post #13 of 22 Old 01-29-2015, 6:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeBikes View Post
Hi

Not suggesting you are inexperienced.

I don't consider myself a good rider and everybody should ride their own ride.

I was just curious about the licence thing. I will start a thread and ask.

No offence intended.

Pete
I have a M1 license and went to motorcycle saftey course as well before i started riding.

Thanks

2014 FZ09
02 CBR954RR FORSALE
post #14 of 22 Old 01-30-2015, 1:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37

Damn that sucks. Tough way to learn, but glad you have the opportunity to get back on. Get back out there and be safe.
post #15 of 22 Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsta13 View Post
Damn that sucks. Tough way to learn, but glad you have the opportunity to get back on. Get back out there and be safe.
Thanks for your positive motivating comment. I appreciate it.

2014 FZ09
02 CBR954RR FORSALE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page