Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

954RR redone

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RRDemon 
#1 ·
I just completed my rebuild of a salvaged cycle. I bought it with the beautiful Stars and Stripes you see on the pics. Forks were pretty well dry, engine was leaking oil, and swing arm was dented (didn't find that one until later). I rebuilt the forks, changed out all fluids, filters, plugs, bought a new front fairing, painted all plastic and gas tank (had dents fixed in the tank), replaced every fastener with a stainless counterpart, replaced the swing arm, and cleaned/lubed the chain and replaced the master link. I outsourced the painting to a friend who runs a local body shop . . . I was shocked at the difference a little paint made! Last item to tackle is an electrical issue with the new blinkers. I bought LED's and the blinkers do not blink properly. I had a friend tell me I might need to add some resistors. Anybody have a recommendation or some experience to share? Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks good! Yes you need to add resistors to the front and back turn signals to stop the "fast blink", or don't fix and and they'll just blink fast. LEDs use less power than standard bulbs, your relays are designed around the power usage of the standard bulbs though, this causes erratic and/or fast blinking. I never "fixed" mine.. they just blink fast now and have for almost 2 years (at least). Good looking bike! Working on my paint as we speak! (see Serenity Getting Dolled Up)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.