Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

First off, and it was a biggy.

8K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  Wooded 
#1 ·
So went to th Isle of Man for the TT. It was great atmosphere was epic, all the people there are amazing, and I made a headline while I was there, though sadly not one I wanted, and hence this post.
So I'd done the TT track a couple of time, and it's amazing, lots of temporary speed limits set up over it a I can understand why as you can get caught out pretty quick, but after a few times round they do get a little annoying on some of the sections where you could have some fun. Police where knocking about but as long as you weren't doing anything dangerous or being an idiot they were pretty cool.
Anyways I put that that bit in for context, I'd ridden the TT track and anyone thinking they should I advise you do, it's awesome!
So after a few great days the lads wanted to head out over to peel for a ride out, which has a nice little harbour. So we went stopped bought some kippers happy days. All good. We filled up and set off up the coast road back home.
Pretty straight road and you can see it well ahead all the way down. Maybe I was still stoked from the TT track or maybe I thought I could ride better than what I can. Still trying to piece together what happened.
So down the road is a corner called devils elbow. Aptly named turns out. I didn't realise it was a hairpin corner, or that it was coming up. In hindsight my road position was garbage and probably a touch to hot for the corner, although I recon if my road position was better I could have made it. Right hand corner, leaned the bike over but was I the centre line when I should of been on the outside. Leaned as far as I could but I wasn't prepared if the corner. Saw the edge getting closer. There was a moment of **** this is goons to sting. Didn't brake as thought I could get round if I leaned enough and kept a steady gas. But low and behold, I ran out of road. Bike went on the grass, and the other Side of the corner involve a 100 foot drop, that I went over.
Don't remember much after that. Emergency services were great. So was nobles hospital. Didn't see my bike again. Apparently the police comment was that the bike was totally for for purpose before the accident and it was rider error. Last comment for them was "there's not much of the bike left".
So onto injuries, the main point made was lucky to be alive.
Top to bottom : broken shoulder(unsure if needs plate yet), dislocated shoulder, broken elbow (needed a plate), 2 broken ribs, fractured back ( 2 places), fractured pelvis, fractured foot. Pretty lucky all in all.
Nobody puts these stories on here for to be trolled, it's for awareness and learning for other riders, I'll take a lot away from my off. I'll stick some photos on in a bit.

See less See more
#37 ·
There was a nice German fella that did the same thing the day after.. In the same spot! Got put in the bed next to me!
Just another quick one for anyone who's interested, turns out my shoulder didn't heal and I was walking about with it broken for 3 months :)
So along with the elbow, I now have more metal work in the shoulder! But I'm am now back to nearly full health, little bit more work on getting my shoulder muscles back... And back in a cage for a bit :(

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.