Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

i was lucky..

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  feelfree 
#1 ·
:rant: So i got tagged a couple weeks ago. it was really close to being really bad! so im travelling along at about 30 mph (4. 8 km), lane splitting in the furthest left lane (an HOV lane) and a young deud just yanks it over to get behind an suv in the right lane next to him. no blinker didnt even look at me. so i cranked it over and held down the horn while mashing front brake as much as i could. my bar end just barely touched his passenger window for a brief moment i believe.. then i plowed into the back of the suv. sprained my wrists, whiplash. Was huting pretty bad but didnt break anything, so i was lucky. Managed to keep it upright as well. they both pulled over. now its been almost 30 days and state farm is the guys insurance hasnt "made a determination yet" i think i may need a lawyer. bike has an odd vibration at highway speed now, broke the brake lever right off. bent the front end up. not sure if its just the risers and maybe a fork tube. bah. well cudda been worse. . :mad:

#3 ·
Lane Splitting,if its legal it sucks,if its illegal it also sucks. . .people just don't watch out for bikes on the highway . .. here in SA we have the same problem but here its kinda the riders fault aswell.Here some people think its a great idea to go 80kph+ through stop and go traffic.and then some bloak switches lanes and the bike rams into the car.so now its the bloak in the cars fault cuz the guy on the bike couldn't stop quick enough which he could have if he didn't think his R1 was n freaking rocket and he thought he was a bad ass.in SA Most of the riders here thinks they have 3 Balls and everyone thinks they're **** floats.But Glad to hear your okay bro.Could have been Real Bad!

#6 ·
i was actually going just 5 mph or so faster than traffic was moving. i am very aware of how dangerous it can be out here. there is a bike accident just about daily thru this area. many drivers do move over and make room but a percentage of drivers feel its there duty to lane block, and other ahole moves that can be deadly.
Sadly my baby has been deemed totaled. Looks like a bent fork tube or otherwise bent front end.
Anyone have any thoughts on what i should try to get from insurance company? lawyer said it could/would land in small claims but i should get up to $10,000. the blue book is way low on a 99 cbr 600, but try and buy one and they are around double the blue book. i have no broken bones but missed several days of work as i couldnt turn my head ect..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.