Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

CBR900RRX indecisive me??

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gunk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Haven't posted for ages.....
Well, Saturday started very normally last weekend. Missus and littley away at the outlaws and had a decent nights sleep, for once. (Young daughter)...
Decided to pop over to my mates house round the corner, literally, to see his new motox bikes.
Gladly decided to put all my protective gear on seeing as this was the first ride of the year. Normally just stick on my jeans and trainers for short journeys. :nono:
Anyways, cut a long story short, 20mph on a greasy roundabout back wheel spun out then gripped and high sided me.
Broken foot.:mad: could have been worse though.....
I have attached photos of damage.
My issue is, do I repair or sell??
Been trying to find parts for a week now and they are proving to not only be hard to find, especially in the right colours as I need the front, tank and rear fairings in Lapis blue, but also very expensive along with the other parts that broke. If I were to repair and spray the fairings the decals alone are in excess of £200 from Lings.
Not sure if I should just advertise as is or patch it up first? Would like to get a new bike but want to do the old girl justice too as I have put a few tasty bits on her to date.
So this is my conundrum........
Any advise would be much appreciated .
Ps. Tried to attach more pics but won't allow more than 1......:confused

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My bike was recently reversed into and knocked over. I took the opportunity to freshen up some damage caused by a set of throwover panniers and that meant replacing both rear side panels, the front top fairing and a few other bits and bobs.

David Silver spares were able to source everything. It didn't cost the earth but the parts did have to come from Japan, so they took about three months to arrive. Rear panels were about £180 each, front fairing was £454.95.

Hope she gets back on the road mate :)

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply.
Might repair and paint the whole bike again as it won't cost too much and judging by the current prices of this bike, it will be worth it in the long run.
Besides, not much out there in my price range takes my fancy at the mo.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.