Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

first off in 8 years

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  rikk 
#1 ·
Well had my first flop in 8 years this Saturday. It was a good run but as we all know it happens. It was cold and the rain had just stopped about an hour before, I just picked up my bike from the shop with new tires. Riding very cautiously on the way home, and that is when it happened. Slowed to take the turn into my home and flop. Hit a patch of sand, low side to the right and my mistress is scarred. Looks like the second set of new plastic in 3 years is due to go on. ( I will post picks when I get home) though I am very surprised the wife did not freak out. She was cool calm and collected, just wanting to know I was all right. I took advantage of the situation as a teachable moment with the kids. Pointed out the tears and scuffs on the helmet and slide coat. It was the perfect opportunity to show them why we wear all the safety gear, I think it hit home. I am fine couple of bruises a little sore, but fine. My mistress a little worse. Will need new plastic, break pedal and leaver, new bar and peg. All in all could be worse.

#4 ·
To be honest I skimmed this first and thought you had a mistress on the back, then said wife didn't freak out and was about to congratulate you... :rotfl:

It pays to read closely sometimes...

Well I'm glad you and "mistress" are mostly okay..
There is really nothing you can do when slightly leaned and there is sand/small stone on the road. I've learned that the hard way (twice).

#6 ·
There is really nothing you can do when slightly leaned and there is sand/small stone on the road. I've learned that the hard way (twice).
It sucks getting caught out there by sand/stones and such but some riders have the ability to counter the skid with a few methods. My neighborhood is full of that **** and over the years, I've gotten used to the rear kicking out on me where I've developed the dirty bike method of using my feet to kick the bike back up when it gets too side ways. I've also been working on for a while to counter steer and keep on the power some when the rear break loose which since I've been doing track have saved by bacon on several occasions.

#14 ·
Didn't see this post on 'post day'- Sorry to hear about the off. The good part, and best, is that you are okay with only minor bruises (including ego perhaps..)

The damage, fortunately, looks minor =) Always good to see the side cases intact and she is still rideable as-is! Bikes can be replaced though, even if the worse should happen to them. As long as you come out (relatively) unscathed the worrisome part is over =)

Now get her fixed up and back on the road =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.