Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

so... what're 600RR parts going for nowadays?

5K views 40 replies 5 participants last post by  unslow1 
#1 ·
Nope. Didn't hurt a bit. Bought it last night from a "wrecking" outfit (little play on words there... teeheehee) where the owner NOR insurance company came for it, and the proprietor was tired of it sitting around.

Spent a few hours on it (after dark, missed the friggin' hockey game) :rant: ...and it seems to only be missing some plastics, headlight assembly, and the somewhat important BAS. Of course LOTS of broken and damaged bits, but by the time I discovered the missing BAS, and how to "properly" bypass it, t'was after midnight and good kiddies are to be in bed by then.

I've given myself a deadline (and VERY limited budget) of Independence Day (July 4th 2016) to have it running, rideable, and somewhat "respectable". If I'm UNable to meet that, Johnny 5 disassemble.

[URL=http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/unslow12/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160520_200504_hdr_zpsapiswsw0.jpg.html]
[/URL]

See less See more
#33 ·
checklist complete! :deal:

took it for a ride down the road and back... a bit lacking in the giddy-up department compared to my 954s, but a 50T rear sprocket could change that :smilebig:

does anyone know if the gaugepod is solely a display, or if it has a purpose other than monitoring speed, temperature, RPMs, fuel level, and mileage :idunno:

#36 ·
okay. while waiting on ownership paperwork to arrive, might as well work on those "finishing touches"

disclaimer: finishing touches = missing UNneeded pieces, not "look pretty" stuff.

there's some no-longer missing ductwork under there:

not it doesn't "match", but I couldn't find another black one (for the clutch side) at a reasonable price that'd keep me on budget... and bar end:

still missing gaugepod... but finally was able to get an ebay seller to accept my (low) offer :thumb:

#38 ·
I've been wanting to have a supply of these for awhile... and "Johnny5" was missing some bodybolts and windscreen fasteners, so...

Also decided to mock up a plate mount and install some indicators. Surely doesn't add to the value of the machine, but since I'm waiting for the ownership documentation from the state, I figure I'd make it easier to make it "roadworthy" for the next owner ;)

#39 ·
"title" has arrived, so up on craigslist it went.

after dozens of offers of: not-enough-cash, Xboxes, Ninja 250s, snowmobiles, dirtbikes, WalMart giftcards, ATVs, toolboxes, building materials, and other assorted services... Johnny5 is SOLD! :freebird:

thanks to the 600RR owners that've posted on here, and FirBlades.org for providing the knowledge for me to perform this profitable (re)build. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.