Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Dealing with Greif.

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  HighRisk 
#1 ·
Hey guys, ive been riding for the majority of my Adult life, and i hqve more time in the saddle than I do behind the wheel of a car. On the 22nd i was cut off in traffic and slammed into th3 back of a pick-up truck. I tried my best to stop but there was nothing I could do. My wife was on the back... i was always more careful with her on the bike, unfortunately she died instantly... we have a 3 year old boy... does anyone have any resources on how to deal with the loss? I need to be stronger for.my boy but its hard when i cant stop myself from crying because i killed his mom...

#2 · (Edited)
found solid cycle advice a catch22, now up the curve. Not up and runner, 1st at bat. Gunk on the mark, set, go GTS455. Bless your efforts, but no leader of your faith, not a man, drunk no, recklessness not in the seat. See a pro, help is in the google, resources all there, the how is in the call.

#3 ·
I'm extremely sorry to hear this. It's going to take time, but you have to realize that none of what happened was your fault. It wasn't your fault and you did not kill your boy's mother. It was an accident caused by an incident that you could do nothing about.

You need to talk to someone. A grief counselor or well grounded friend/family member. Sometimes in these situations i think talking to a counselor or someone you don't directly know can honestly be more helpful. That and they have unlimited resources they can lead you too. If you are religious, go for a leader of your faith.

You are going to have to dig down deep and fix yourself. Spiritual healing and meditation is a really good thing and it works. It really does.

You have to be there for your boy. He has lost one parent and cannot afford to lose a second. Which means you will have to be twice as strong. Live for HIM.

You and your boy are in my families thoughts and prayers. We will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Feel free to PM me as well. I'm here for you.

#5 ·
so sorry to hear about your loss...

As already said it was not your fault.
Seek out professional help, it will take time for you to heal. Do not blame yourself, it is ok to cry, it is healthy...
If you just need to talk, we are all only a click away

#6 ·
I am so so sorry for your loss...
This is about the worst news you can hear...

Please don't blame yourself, it was not your fault. You can get caught up in the "what ifs" but it will get you nowhere but even lower..

I will PM you on some information.

#8 ·
I'm truly sorry for your loss. I can understand how difficult things must be right now for you. Please do not make it any harder by placing blame on yourself. Lean on your friends and family that is what they are there for. If need be seek some professional counseling, don't go looking into cans or bottles for help either. Stay strong, things will get better and being there for your son is key!

Best Wishes
Jay

#10 ·
As everyone has stated we all feel deeply saddened for the loss that you and your family must now endure. It is something that I could not imagen. Reach out to a professional, seek counseling for you and your son. Cry with your son, it is ok for him to see the pain you are in and it may help him with the pain he feels. let the love around you help you heal not only the love of your friends and family but the love you have for your wife. Your memories of her and of all of your time together will give you support. This is not a cross you have to bare, this tragic event is not your fault but it is a wound that will take time for you to heal. The wound will heal though the scar may remain, the wound will heal. You and your family are in our thoughts.

#11 ·
Do you have any updates for us? It would be fine to stay in touch and let us know how you're coping, what counseling you've found, how your son is doing. Of all the topics on this forum, this one deserves attention than slip into obscurity or dismissed. You're not forgotten Highrisk. Wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you. I hope you don't leave the forum.

#12 ·
Do you have any updates for us? It would be fine to stay in touch and let us know how you're coping, what counseling you've found, how your son is doing. Of all the topics on this forum, this one deserves attention than slip into obscurity or dismissed. You're not forgotten Highrisk. Wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you. I hope you don't leave the forum.

:plus1:

#13 ·
Hey all, I meant to reply sooner but every time I opened the thread I just couldn't do it. I'm doing a lot better now, It still hits me pretty hard. I just wanted to thank you all for the support and to toss a thanks in for everyone that sent me links in PMs about grief counseling and different resources it has helped a lot. Even though my years of riding are over you're all still my brothers, Keep the rubber side down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.