Dealing with Greif. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-25-2016, 1:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Dealing with Greif.

Hey guys, ive been riding for the majority of my Adult life, and i hqve more time in the saddle than I do behind the wheel of a car. On the 22nd i was cut off in traffic and slammed into th3 back of a pick-up truck. I tried my best to stop but there was nothing I could do. My wife was on the back... i was always more careful with her on the bike, unfortunately she died instantly... we have a 3 year old boy... does anyone have any resources on how to deal with the loss? I need to be stronger for.my boy but its hard when i cant stop myself from crying because i killed his mom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-25-2016, 2:39 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Dealing with Greif.

found solid cycle advice a catch22, now up the curve. Not up and runner, 1st at bat. Gunk on the mark, set, go GTS455. Bless your efforts, but no leader of your faith, not a man, drunk no, recklessness not in the seat. See a pro, help is in the google, resources all there, the how is in the call.

Last edited by 1926; 06-25-2016 at 10:37 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-25-2016, 3:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I'm extremely sorry to hear this. It's going to take time, but you have to realize that none of what happened was your fault. It wasn't your fault and you did not kill your boy's mother. It was an accident caused by an incident that you could do nothing about.

You need to talk to someone. A grief counselor or well grounded friend/family member. Sometimes in these situations i think talking to a counselor or someone you don't directly know can honestly be more helpful. That and they have unlimited resources they can lead you too. If you are religious, go for a leader of your faith.

You are going to have to dig down deep and fix yourself. Spiritual healing and meditation is a really good thing and it works. It really does.

You have to be there for your boy. He has lost one parent and cannot afford to lose a second. Which means you will have to be twice as strong. Live for HIM.

You and your boy are in my families thoughts and prayers. We will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Feel free to PM me as well. I'm here for you.

1996 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade
2001 Honda RC51 SP1
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

RC51 Build- http://tinyurl.com/SP1-Project

CBR 900RR Build- http://tinyurl.com/oe7dfmf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-25-2016, 5:58 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Garage

So sorry to hear this, it's beyond words, I don't know what to say.

I Agree with GTS, this is not the place to get proper help. I think you need some professional counselling to help you deal with your loss and help you support your son.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-26-2016, 4:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

so sorry to hear about your loss...

As already said it was not your fault.
Seek out professional help, it will take time for you to heal. Do not blame yourself, it is ok to cry, it is healthy...
If you just need to talk, we are all only a click away

1998 RRW standard but with a tweak
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...e-my-take.html

(not really standard at all to be honest, but it keeps me amused!!!)
post #6 of 13 Old 06-26-2016, 4:22 PM

Reputation Power: 26

I am so so sorry for your loss...
This is about the worst news you can hear...

Please don't blame yourself, it was not your fault. You can get caught up in the "what ifs" but it will get you nowhere but even lower..

I will PM you on some information.

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2
post #7 of 13 Old 06-26-2016, 8:22 PM

BEST TO LEAVE MONDAY TO A PROFESSIONAL.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-26-2016, 8:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I can understand how difficult things must be right now for you. Please do not make it any harder by placing blame on yourself. Lean on your friends and family that is what they are there for. If need be seek some professional counseling, don't go looking into cans or bottles for help either. Stay strong, things will get better and being there for your son is key!

Best Wishes
Jay
post #9 of 13 Old 06-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Sorry for your loss. Some companies offer assistance that can help you in cases like this.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

As everyone has stated we all feel deeply saddened for the loss that you and your family must now endure. It is something that I could not imagen. Reach out to a professional, seek counseling for you and your son. Cry with your son, it is ok for him to see the pain you are in and it may help him with the pain he feels. let the love around you help you heal not only the love of your friends and family but the love you have for your wife. Your memories of her and of all of your time together will give you support. This is not a cross you have to bare, this tragic event is not your fault but it is a wound that will take time for you to heal. The wound will heal though the scar may remain, the wound will heal. You and your family are in our thoughts.

fall down 7 times, get up 8
post #11 of 13 Old 07-02-2016, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRisk View Post
Hey guys, ive been riding for the majority of my Adult life, and i hqve more time in the saddle than I do behind the wheel of a car. On the 22nd i was cut off in traffic and slammed into th3 back of a pick-up truck. I tried my best to stop but there was nothing I could do. My wife was on the back... i was always more careful with her on the bike, unfortunately she died instantly... we have a 3 year old boy... does anyone have any resources on how to deal with the loss? I need to be stronger for.my boy but its hard when i cant stop myself from crying because i killed his mom...
Do you have any updates for us? It would be fine to stay in touch and let us know how you're coping, what counseling you've found, how your son is doing. Of all the topics on this forum, this one deserves attention than slip into obscurity or dismissed. You're not forgotten Highrisk. Wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you. I hope you don't leave the forum.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-04-2016, 2:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
Do you have any updates for us? It would be fine to stay in touch and let us know how you're coping, what counseling you've found, how your son is doing. Of all the topics on this forum, this one deserves attention than slip into obscurity or dismissed. You're not forgotten Highrisk. Wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you. I hope you don't leave the forum.

post #13 of 13 Old 07-16-2016, 2:04 AM Thread Starter

Hey all, I meant to reply sooner but every time I opened the thread I just couldn't do it. I'm doing a lot better now, It still hits me pretty hard. I just wanted to thank you all for the support and to toss a thanks in for everyone that sent me links in PMs about grief counseling and different resources it has helped a lot. Even though my years of riding are over you're all still my brothers, Keep the rubber side down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page