Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

CBr 929rr/954rr Compatibility

11K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  imback02252013 
#1 ·
Dear all
I would like to know if I can replace a 929rr complete engine with gear box with a 954rr complete one?

Do I have to make a modification?

Does the compatibility exists?

Can anibody answer me asap please, because I blew up my 929rr engine and have the possibility of buying a 954rr engine.

Thank you

#3 ·
Yes, swapping the engines is very straightforward.
I would recommend running a Power Commander though to be able to optimise the fueling. You can run either the 929 40mm or 954 42mm throttle bodies.

#5 ·
My 929 actually has a 954 engine and it works great...i do get that FI (fuel injection) light that comes on though. Doesn't seem to effect the performance but it is a bit annoying to look at. I think there may be something to that powercommander thing and fuel.
Do you know if you have 929 or 954 throttle bodies?

#12 ·
The 954 swing arm is a direct swap but the pivot bearing setup is slightly different so you need all of the 954 spacers as well. Doing the swing are swap will lower the bike slightly. I did this done on my custom 929. The right side of the 954 swing arm really helps make the bike look newer, spool mounts are a plus as well. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.