Young inexperienced rider - Page 6 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories This section of the site is for wrecked motorcycles. Photos of wrecked bikes, before and after photos. How you wrecked it & how you fixed it. Most of us have laid it down or lost it for one reason or another. Tell your stories here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 153

Re: Young inexperienced rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
throwing dirt eh ??..lmfao..while your 200 lbs azz is filling that gas guzzler up at every gas station...my little rebel is saving all my money for beer 70 miles down that mile....that your big azz bike couldnt make it too..cuz it doesn't get the same mpg as my rebel !..lmfaooooo..don't fret ppl..me and v65 are cool..we speak alot on the phone..kinda like good bud's...that is until i ride his case about that yammy vmax he baught..lmfao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V65 View Post
All the best and enjoy that bike, just keep the front tire down.

Is that how you got set back $250,000 medical....I can see why you're trying to save gas now, but that's 6250 gallons of fuel you're behind me right there.
Ahead 70 miles? Not on any highway because the Rebel 250cc bike can't pass a VW bus on the highway! The 250cc first bike blues got to you and now you have three, (1100cc and 500cc), and if that ain't bad enough you're shopping now for a 700cc bike, because the Rebel is too small, and the V65 is too big. Rebel 250cc bikes are cute, I rarely see them around after training class, which is how long it takes most to outgrow one. Don't fear riding bigger bikes, but for going down a back road or staying in a busy city, if you can fit on a 250cc, it would be all you would need.
C'mon, you two

It's not the bike, it's the rider and what they do on their bike that matters.
If all that mattered was size then all 'tiny' men would ride a 1400 but that's not the case.
Lots of 250's on the highway all the time without needing any extra oomph and smaller cc bikes are traveling the world. Lots of monster bikes only go to the corner store or the donut shop.

A big engine can't make up for shortcomings elsewhere. But either can any engine...

It takes a pretty big man to ride a small bike.

Women don't have those issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmacked View Post
C'mon, you two

It's not the bike, it's the rider and what they do on their bike that matters.
If all that mattered was size then all 'tiny' men would ride a 1400 but that's not the case.
Lots of 250's on the highway all the time without needing any extra oomph and smaller cc bikes are traveling the world. Lots of monster bikes only go to the corner store or the donut shop.

A big engine can't make up for shortcomings elsewhere. But either can any engine...

It takes a pretty big man to ride a small bike.

Women don't have those issues.
well put bro..he's just trying to ruffle my feathers...cuz i'm doing the same to him about his yammy vmax..lol..were good though..it's all in fun....my only complaint with him...is he is 200 lbs ..
post #78 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 PM
V65

Quote:
me and v65 are cool..we speak alot on the phone..kinda like good bud's...that is until i ride his case about that yammy vmax he baught..lmfao.
He's talking to me now, laughing at this stuff. Even if he's from Arkansas, I still like him.

You're right, I can't get on a 250cc bike, I am not that big a man.
Stop picking on my 200 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
well put bro..he's just trying to ruffle my feathers...cuz i'm doing the same to him about his yammy vmax..lol..were good though..it's all in fun....my only complaint with him...is he is 200 lbs ..
heehee, I'm a Sis not a bro but maybe his 200lbs is well placed?

Feather ruffling is a common past time here

My bike weighs just over 3 times my weight. I can't imagine having to even move some of those big monsters I'd want training wheels If I had to back it up on an incline!

A reverse would be handy for us little squirts!
post #80 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
heehee, I'm a Sis not a bro but maybe his 200lbs is well placed?

Feather ruffling is a common past time here

My bike weighs just over 3 times my weight. I can't imagine having to even move some of those big monsters I'd want training wheels If I had to back it up on an incline!

A reverse would be handy for us little squirts!
sorry SIS !..lol..my bad...( hangs head in shame )....( hands godsmacked some red roses )..lol.
post #81 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:24 PM

my v65 weighs at least 4 times more than me..sooo..yeah..reverse would be a super addon !..lol..575 v65..and i'm 140 lbs..sheshhh.
post #82 of 107 Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
sorry SIS !..lol..my bad...( hangs head in shame )....( hands godsmacked some red roses )..lol.
Quote:
my v65 weighs at least 4 times more than me..sooo..yeah..reverse would be a super addon !..lol..575 v65..and i'm 140 lbs..sheshhh.
Thank you
Never a problem, my user name is not very feminine.
Sometimes my comments aren't either.

Yeah, that's a heavy bike. Ever have to move it on weird surfaces where you can't hop on?
I only had a really scary one once; backing down a too-skinny ramp. It was the very first time I'd ever even felt the weight of it. Seemed like about 2000lbs at the time. More comfy now that I'm comfortable with how far over I can lean it.

I tried to back it up on wet grass recently (had it moved out of the way for a garden party) and that was somewhat useless, my boots just kept sliding on the grass. Bike was stable but I wasn't - had to get off and almost pull it up the little incline!

I've got to learn how to move it around when I can't just start it, so it's all a learning experience.
post #83 of 107 Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Thank you
Never a problem, my user name is not very feminine.
Sometimes my comments aren't either.

Yeah, that's a heavy bike. Ever have to move it on weird surfaces where you can't hop on?
I only had a really scary one once; backing down a too-skinny ramp. It was the very first time I'd ever even felt the weight of it. Seemed like about 2000lbs at the time. More comfy now that I'm comfortable with how far over I can lean it.

I tried to back it up on wet grass recently (had it moved out of the way for a garden party) and that was somewhat useless, my boots just kept sliding on the grass. Bike was stable but I wasn't - had to get off and almost pull it up the little incline!

I've got to learn how to move it around when I can't just start it, so it's all a learning experience.
i've got a bad leg from a motor cycle wreck..just backing my v65 magna from my level carport gives me a tough time !..i'm trying to sell it..and get me the vf700c magna..alittle lower to the ground ( seat hight is not nearly as high )..and it weighs alittle less...soo..if i can get my v65 sold..that's my plan..if i doesn't sell...well..i'll keep '' the beast '' !..lol.
post #84 of 107 Old 07-25-2011, 8:33 PM
V65

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/int...ml#post1023784

Click here, I hate typing twice.
post #85 of 107 Old 07-25-2011, 9:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

My first bike was a two stroke 500 when I was 17. Folks said I was nuts and the bike was too big. I rode for three years and then took the next 17 years off. In 2007 I bought a 929. Had a low speed get off on the 929 when a nutter in a car tried to kill me. In my opinion it's not the size of the bike it's the mentality of the rider. I am in control of my bike, I decide exactly how to behave in every situation. I always have a safety margin to compensate for the road, debris and other drivers. Never took the course, although I would still like to.

If you have self control, strong self preservation instinct and riding talent, you will probably be ok. If you lack any of these things you will most likely die.
post #86 of 107 Old 07-27-2011, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00blade View Post
If you have self control, strong self preservation instinct and riding talent, you will probably be ok. If you lack any of these things you will most likely die.
^^^Quickly^^^
post #87 of 107 Old 07-27-2011, 7:17 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses649 View Post
^^^Quickly^^^

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #88 of 107 Old 07-30-2011, 5:58 PM

the only reason I'm ending with the current 1krr is when I crashed my 600, i was so itching to be on 2 wheels again, and I can't find any 600 that I want in my price range(they're overprice), and the 600 I want are out of my price range lol
and yes after my 1krr, I'll go back to a 600 again.

my only advice to you is don't let it get to your head, because with that much power, it will absolutely corrupt you, and beside, stupid *does* hurt, alot too
post #89 of 107 Old 07-30-2011, 6:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses649 View Post
^^^Quickly^^^
with a big stupid grin
post #90 of 107 Old 07-30-2011, 10:01 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00blade View Post
with a big stupid grin
Nope it will be with a look of pure terror, dirty pants and a last minute thought that "they" were right, if it dosnt happen fair too quickly

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Wrecked Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Tags
cbr1000rr , first 1000 , inexperienced

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page