Yamaha WR450F Information - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Yamaha Motorcycles Discussion of Yamaha Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Yamaha WR450F Information

Hello how are you all, I have a quick question for you all.

Currently i am looking at the 2007 Yamaha WR450F, I really like the Yamaha and i need a bike that can be street registered but also i can have fun with on the weekends.

Needless to say, Thats why im looking at the WR450F, But the questions i would like to ask is as follows:

Does anybody know the horsepower they have? Yamaha did not realease this as far as i can tell?

What is the top speed? I have read other forums were people are claiming 140kph? (91mph)

Also, Has anybody taken one on the drag strip, I would be very interested in the 1/4 mile times.

The reason i ask these questions, Is because im stuck between a road bike, Or a trail/enduro bike like the WR450F.

If the WR450F is much slower then your average road bike, Then i would be inclined to just buy a Road bike and a cheap second hand offroad yamaha for the weekends.

Any help would be great.
Thanks guys!
Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: Yamaha WR450F Information

The 450 is not at all suited to the street I've ridden them and while they are great dirt bikes I would never suggest that you use them for street work as they require lots of upkeep, regular oil changes and valve clearance checks - the engine is a race engine and needs to be maintained as such, if you don't then your in for some big repair costs. ) Top speed depending on gearing will run to about 150 klms (90-95 mph) but you can gear them to run faster at the expense of low end. 1/4 mile times I have not much idea on, they are not designed for it. If you want a daily street bike that you can take out on weekend then take a good look at the Suzuki DRZ, they are great bikes and don't require the attention.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 3:49 AM

Reputation Power: 13

The way to go is,have your strret/track bike and get yourself a dirt bike,set up for dirt only , as these bikes are not usually road friendly.
Or a DRZ,but if you want a good dirt weapon set a yamaha or honda,suzuki for that matter,as your dirt bike.Maybe try the ktm duke??
Dirt bikes are the worst things to ride on the road,unless you like swapping tyres every time you ride,knock yourself out and go for it,my opinion get a fully set up dirt bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2007, 8:17 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Well after looking at the Suzuki DRZ i like this bike also.

If the Yamaha is that much matience i dont want to worry about it (i have enough trouble keeping my RX7 on the road, Let alone having to worry about a bike im going to use for reliable/cheap transport)

So what is the Suzuki DRZ like on the road and the dirt? I really do want a bike that i can drive on the street without too many problems, Then on the weekend just change over some tyres suited for the dirt and go have fun.

If road trails are really that much hassle im also looking at the Honda CBR600.

But as i said i would rather one multi purpose bike then have a road bike then a off road bike for the weekends.

So any info on the Suzuki DRZ or personal experiences would be great.

Unless you think it would just be easier to go with a road bike then a offroad bike for the weekend?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other Motorcycle Brands > Yamaha Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page