Just bought a Yamaha Seca 2 for $500 wanting to put it balls to the wall - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Yamaha Motorcycles Discussion of Yamaha Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-22-2008, 9:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Just bought a Yamaha Seca 2 for $500 wanting to put it balls to the wall

Hey guys anyone have any major upgrading tips for a Yamaha Seca 2. Its already got the vance and Hines exhaust and header. What else can i do for sure to get the motor to the max it can be. Someone help me out ive always ran drag cars and want this bike to be balls to wall for what it is. Which is by no means fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-22-2008, 9:20 PM

Re: Just bought a Yamaha Seca 2 for $500 wanting to put it balls to the wall

These bikes are not going to be fast. They have stock about 60 hp... I think. I had a 92 Seca 2. If this is your first bike, make sure you actually learn how to ride before trying to make it as fast as possible. Anyways, for more acceleration I guess you could do your gearing. Make sure you get some good gear.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-22-2008, 9:24 PM Thread Starter

well i was just wondering what all can be done to this bike as bolt on upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM

Sprockets, cams, intake... you already have header and exhaust. So jetting and that would be about it really. And is it worth adding any more money into a bike you payed so little for? Just a thought. Sprockets will make the most difference though in my opinion.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

The way i look at it is it was only $500 bones why not put a little money into it and any idea who has cams i looked everywhere for them.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-07-2013, 9:20 PM

A complete waste of money making that bike run fast. Buy a fast bike built well in the first place.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-08-2013, 1:23 AM

Reputation Power: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARocks View Post
A complete waste of money making that bike run fast. Buy a fast bike built well in the first place.
He probably has in the 5 years since this was posted Great first post btw.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-08-2013, 5:12 AM

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky91 View Post
He probably has in the 5 years since this was posted Great first post btw.
Lol!

FYI you can fit a 1991 fzr 600 rear wheel 1:1 and go from 130>150 tyre, it is a 4" instead of 3.5" wide rim although it's still 18". The 92-97 single disc version responds very well to new fork springs (Hagon), the originals are crap anyway and now 20 years old. That model also works better on the brakes with a 1/2" master cylinder from say a cbr600f2. Use the original mirror clamp if you're keeping mirrors. The yamaha clutch pivot is only 6mm without any bushing so gets wobbly; just swap it wholesale from one for say a Honda 599. You will either need to have the mirror thread recut (there is enough material to go from m10 rh to some imperial size lh) or use honda or universal m10 mirrors. G

I got a bunch of other tips but none include the motor, which I chose to leave well enough alone as it already had a Remus full exhaust. If you were going to dig into it I believe it's going to have potential for some gains but is it worth it?? Starting point might be to open up air intake and it is strangled badly, then cams maybe from an older xj600 which had about 10hp more. After that it's really not worth the effort of opening the motor for bigger work. Besides it is air cooled so you will start running into cooling issues. This bike has enough power for its cycle parts IMHO, without giving it more, so start there. I did often get 60+ imperial mpg on mine which is the main reason it lasted as long as it did before I traded it in. Ps **** Avon road riders, stay with bt45 at least until you change the rear rim as then you can look at some more modern radials.

Last edited by amorti; 07-08-2013 at 5:18 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other Motorcycle Brands > Yamaha Motorcycles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page