Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen posts about this, but not finding specifically what I’m looking for. My apologies if I missed it and kindly direct me to the thread would be appreciated. Short story, I went to go for a ride and the bike would not start… nothing. Bike is mint with 4K miles. Neutral light would not come on… after digging around I found the neutral safety wire “allegedly” chewed up by suspected rodent. Not happy to say the least. Actually a little scared to see how much more damage this little guy did in the last week. So, at least I know the reason. What I want to accomplish is bypassing this switch. I don’t see it as a safety, I see it as a safety issue. Stalling out and having to switch into neutral at a light, which rarely, but can happen, is a hazard if you can not just pull in the clutch and start the bike. QUESTION: which I can’t seem to find a direct answer yet, is, can you bypass the safety and still have the neutral like function correctly? I like having the light, o sit in neutral at lights a lot and hate fussing to see if it’s actually in gear. Thanks in advance for any answers. I imagine this would be possible, just not sure how it’s wired.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts