Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through the owners manual and searched the forums, but I can't find a diy air filter replacement thread or how to do it. I think I have to remove the gas tank to get to it, can anyone confirm and what else do I have to do to remove the tank? Pull both fairings?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I went through the owners manual and searched the forums, but I can't find a diy air filter replacement thread or how to do it. I think I have to remove the gas tank to get to it, can anyone confirm and what else do I have to do to remove the tank? Pull both fairings?
Prop up the tank and remove a bunch of screws holding the top on the airbox.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Should I drain it? Its about half full maybe? And to prop it up, do I need to pull the side fairings or just the seat?
Remove seat, undo bolts on tank, put a prop near bars too front of tank or as i do put tank on somethink soft to right of bike to take the weight. no need to empty tank.
Warning dont over tighten the screws on airbox they strip with ease. take you about an hour tops to do:thumb:

·
Registered
479 Posts
No need to remove fuel. One bolt under the seat....and the two on the top of the tank (by gauges). Tank should prop up....dont pull the tank too far up, there are hoses connected. Then remove all the screws (two in center will need a long screw driver), take out old and put in new. Put back together.

lol basically the same exact thing RICK said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.