Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got a 00 929rr that is starting to have the charging issues.. So i been searching on here and found out a lot of info. But i didnt find the answer to what i have going on. So as far as i know after the tests, it seems my stator and r/r is good, although while running, not getting any charge at battery with vom. So as im checking, i find this. The 2 clips from the r/r, one with 3 yellow from stator, the other from r/r to harness, 2 red, 2 green. At idle, yellows plugged in, red/green unplugged, on the r/r side, both reds have 14.0 volts. One i plug that clip back in, the 14.0 goes away. ??? Batt is 3 months old, 12.2 volts, stays at 12.2 running. Also, i left the green/red plug unplugged, and ran a jumper wire from the reds, straight to the positive on the bat, and hooked my VOM inline with the jumper wire, as soon as i touch the jumper wire to the bat, the 14.0v goes away, back to 12.2v.

Any ideas? Is one or the other too weak? A short?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
What rate is your battery being charged with bike around 5-6krpm? When hot and when cold
You say only chargeing 12.2v while idleing?
what exactly did you'test'? Ohm your stator wires ab bc ac? Was it good. Stator testing with ohm meter can still be inconclusive of if it actually is bad.
Could your bike possibly overcharge the battery and killed it? Will the battery start the Bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, cold or hot, 5-6k, or idle. 12.2v.
Checked the ac v out of stator, 3 yellow from stator, got like 10v, 5v, and 55v on the last one. Did the check on the r/r side of yellow wires. Not running. Both probes touching each prong in connector, 0.0 ohms on all. Then vom grounded to frame, got a couple different readings, between 0.0 and0.5 i think.

Tomorow morn im going to place an order for a new stator and r/r. This is my daily driver so the last thing i want to do is be dealing with this nonsense.. So at the first sight im thinking i should just replace it all?

So basicly if you, and anyone else, think its a stator or r/r problem, vs a wiring issue i can trace... Im just going to replace it and be done.

Your thoughts? If i replace them both, what are the chanxes of it still not charging? What else is in the system that could go wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No chance of overcharge, started cranking over slow last 3 days, then one morn barely barelyy cranked over, rode 15 miles to work, turned it off, tryd to start it again. Got one crank and thats it. Charged the batt at work at my shop and rode home..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Your stator leads should be at 50v each. There's your problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts