Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My name is Bruce and I am new to the site. I have been riding since I was 8 so that puts me at about 16 years on 2 wheels now. Picked up my 929 last summer and love it.

I will try and get some pics up soon.

Just purchased a D&D slip on 2 days ago.
Have already installed Vortex frame sliders and integrated tail light/signals.

To throw out a question since I have seen a lot of different opinions on the web including this site:
Is installing the D&D slip on without a power commander going to ruin my motor?

IF ANYONE IS FROM MARYLAND let me know LETS RIDE

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
welcome.

A slip on, nor a full exhaust will ruin anything.

Usually, bikes run slightly rich from the factory, so a slip on may even correct it.

A power commander will however smooth out your throttle, even with a slip on

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wouldnt it be the other way around? most bike are set up from the factory to run slightly leaner due to EPA? which is usually why you upgrade your intake or exhaust its a good idea to use a fuel tuner..most bikes FI cant self tune for those mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wouldnt it be the other way around? most bike are set up from the factory to run slightly leaner due to EPA? which is usually why you upgrade your intake or exhaust its a good idea to use a fuel tuner..most bikes FI cant self tune for those mods.
Welcome Bruce!:welcome:
This has been my experience as well with CA spec carb'd bikes, which is why you usually get a jet kit tuned to match your pipe, however, with EFI, it SHOULD self adjust, AFAIK. CA spec bikes are usually tuned lean from the factory to satisfy the EPA. Dont know if MD has the same EPA specs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I will hopefully be finding out this coming weekend. I ordered the part last Wed. and it was supposed to ship within 2 days. The website still says processing.

Anyone had an issue with 58cycle.com?

I do not think that MD has as strict of EPA standards as CA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.