Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 00 cbr 929 clutch exploded in To 1000s of pieces. so i bought a clutch assembly on e bay . a new clutch kit, also needed a new ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner clutch cover, cause when clutch exploded pieces destroyed the old one. so i got one of those also. put it all back together. now the bike takes a while to start. once it started i took it for a ride and there's just no power. i had a lot apart cause i also changed the stater and rectifier. and pulled the oil pan down to clean up all the exploded pieces. just wondering why i got no power. i brought it to a guy he thinks its the gear that send the signal to the ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner of clutch cover. thinks it may of got bent. so i ordered new gear and sensor from honda waiting for it. but not convinced this will b the problem????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i replaced the sensor having these problems w the new sensor i got on ebay
but i ordered a new sensor and the gear that sends the signal from honda just waiting for the gear to come in

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I brought it to someone after i put it all together he said it probably the gear that runs of the timing chain that sends the signal to that pick up sensor so he told me to order the gear and the sensor new from Honda .
So I'm just waiting for the gear to come in
But I was having all these problems w a new sensor I bought from ebay

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone help why do I have no power ??
And very hard to start ??
Once it starts just sounds wired and no power ??
I hope it's the gear but I have my suspensions ??
Maybe something got disconnected ???
Please help ??
Also read the first post of this thread. Tells all that I've done so far ??????
Please help??????

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Can anyone help why do I have no power ??
And very hard to start ??
Once it starts just sounds wired and no power ??
I hope it's the gear but I have my suspensions ??
Maybe something got disconnected ???
Please help ??
Also read the first post of this thread. Tells all that I've done so far ??????
Please help??????

What do you mean by "very hard to start"?
Does it just crank and crank without actually firing?
Or does it struggle to turn over on the starter motor at all?
What was the engine doing when the clutch let go - maybe something else broke at the same time? Did the engine stop as soon as the clutch blew or was it still running fine?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine cranks and won't start
Then it finally starts
Possibly something else broke ???
I was doing a wheelie as I came down I down shifted or up shifted and i just heard some noise nothing like what I thought I should of heard considering all the damage I did
At that point It went into neutral on its own and the bike shut off,
It wouldn't start cause that ignition pickup sensor was destroyed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I took the oil pan off to remove all the pieces that broke apart
Also lowered the exhaust, also I was always having
A charging problem so I put a new rectifier and stater in
So I had the left side stater cover off, had the gas tank up
Also one I finally brought it to this guy to get looked at , once we start it the idle was up real high so he had to lower that maybe cause I had the exhaust hanging on the cables that goto the valve ??
But anyhow the gear should be in today I realley hope it's that

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only reason why I think might b that gear cause it kinda seems off timing that's why it takes a while to start , and once it's running it just falls on its face , I mean I took it Around the block it seems like it starts wanting to go but then it just bogs out

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The only reason why I think might b that gear cause it kinda seems off timing that's why it takes a while to start , and once it's running it just falls on its face , I mean I took it Around the block it seems like it starts wanting to go but then it just bogs out

Certainly seems like a good chance the rotor is damaged.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
If I unplugged something by accident like a sensor the fi light would be on right ??
The MIL only indicates problems within the injection system.
How long has the bike been sitting while you were fixing it?
You can put a timing light on a plug lead and wind the engine over by hand until the rotor triggers the pickup and measure the timing if you're concerned about it. Does the rotor look like it's damaged at all?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I brought it to this local motorcycle tech who thinks its damaged ! The bikes been at his house for the last two weeks cause I ordered the gear and the new sensor from Honda he was concerned that I get both parts new from Honda !
He thinks it looks like it got damaged !
I haven't given it a real hard look but to me it didn't really seem damaged

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also have a noise coming from that area I think it's a pice of the basket that's stuck in the bottom of the engine that I couldn't see when I was cleaning up all the broken pieces

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so the gear finally came in with the new sensor. didnt help much. so i just need to take the engine out and spllit the casings. so i bought A NEW MOTOR, having some issues with the new motor when i first started it it reved up fine plunty of power but it seemed like it wasnt idling good almost about to stall. and fi light was on. soo after a little bit started idling good fi light turned off, but now it bogs out after like 4000 rpm. when reving it revs up to 4000 then hits a dead spott. i also seen a vacume line that might go some were looks like maybe was disconected. at a couple points also when it started it was reving reall high like 4000 rpm then it came down ????????????????
can anyone help?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts