Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike has been sitting for about two months. Before this it was fine no problems at all. Went to start it and at first it would start but idle really low and stall if given any throttle. Then it wouldnt even start at all. Bike cranks and cranks but doesnt even act like it wants to start.

I am new to bikes, but have plenty of experience with cars so I am capable of fixing it myself. I am downloading the service manual now to look through but any other help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. Let me know if you find a solution. I'm working on it myself. I've had this problem before, usually after winter storage or long sitting period (>1 month). I use fuel stabilizer and drain the carbs for winter so don't think it is fuel problem. Engine will start with choke on but lopes and idles very low then stalls out after a minute and won't restart. It may be time for plugs although I hate the job. Wondering if fogging spray fouled the plugs somehow last winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the engine running finally. I rolled the idle adjustment all the way off (counter-clockwise) and started the engine with part throttle and choke on. Once it caught I revved it up a bit and held the throttle open while slowly adjusting the idle back up again (clockwise). Ya Charles486 it did seem like it was flooded but not sure why it would especially after being in storage. If anything it should have been dry. I think I will try shutting the fuel line off if I leave it sitting again. It might be worth a couple cranks with the choke off first when cold starting next time. The freakishly bad summer here is to blame! :thumbd: Not enough nice ride time to keep things running nicely. When I have more time I think I will look at the fuel pressure too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: '00 F4 - Won't Start, where do i cranks but doesnt fire.

I sprayed starter fluid in the air box and the bike fired but seems like it isnt running right, still wont idle...

doesnt seem to react to the choke either? all cables are hooked up and working properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts