Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooo,

I efff'd up this weekend.

I'm in the middle of doing an HID conversion on my 929 headlights. It will be triple projectors with halos etc. The Retrofit Source components.

I will be doing a full blown how-to article on here once I'm done!!!

On to the part that I screwed up ..... I stripped the chrome off the plastic of the reflector using pool chlorine (just throw it in there and a day or two or three later and no more chrome ... only sweet bare plastic ready to be painted!!)

Unfortunately I forgot to take the headlight mounts off .... concentrated pool chlorine doesnt hurt plastic .... but it obviously kills metal .... soooooo now my mounts look like swiss cheese (see the pic) ... and now I gota find some new ones ...

Where do I find the mounts? I checked ebay etc. I'm going to call honda tomorrow ... any other Ideas?

·
Registered
328 Posts
maybe find a used broken light on ebay and just use it's mounts

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
That is some awesome corrosion...... !!

Maybe have a look for the parts at "Partzilla",,,I just ordered some parts from them, they are very reasonable prices.....
Try the link below...good luck with the new HID...should be good.

Honda Motorcycle Parts 2001 CBR900RR A UPPER COWL (1) Diagram
or here
Honda Motorcycle Parts 2001 CBR900RR A HEADLIGHT (1) Diagram

or get parts from a wrecker/salvage yard...

Unfortunately, the brackets are part of the headlight so you won't get them from Honda.
Personally, I would make new ones out of some aluminium plate, at least until you can find a broken headlight you can salvage them from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am having a rough time finding a new one.

So what I've decided to do is find an epoxy (JB weld etc.) .... the strongest one I can find .... usually I use JB kwik but I know it has a slightly lower tensile strength.

Then I am going to clean it up with a wire brush while keeping the shape and layer that shhit on .... reshape it and throw it on.

during the summer I'll head to the wreckers and pull one off ...

anyone know if the mount is the same btwn the 929 and the 954?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts