Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having throttle issues, the po explains the issue as a drag feature, the throttle stick at 3k-4k when you blip it.. do I need new cables? Or lube them per the shop manual?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
If your sure its a throttle issue and not a running issue then I would start at the handlebar. I would take it off the clip on and make sure everything is in proper condition. I would then make sure the cables are properly lubed and adjusted for slack or free play. Lube the throttle tube with a thin oil like wd-40. Make sure that the cable housing at the clip on isn't binding the cables when tightened. Pictures or video of the problem are very helpful. Let us know the outcome.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Having throttle issues, the po explains the issue as a drag feature, the throttle stick at 3k-4k when you blip it.. do I need new cables? Or lube them per the shop manual?

Have you tried slackening the adjuster off a little?
Is the grip fouling against the throttle housing or bar end weight perhaps?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll go and take a video, but I'm not a %100 sure its the throttle itself. The po mentioned I need to adjust the cables. When I blip it. The throttle handle goes back. But the revs stay up. Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'll go and take a video, but I'm not a %100 sure its the throttle itself. The po mentioned I need to adjust the cables. When I blip it. The throttle handle goes back. But the revs stay up. Am I crazy?

Check the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose is dry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you blade racer, I'll check it out.. I'll have to refer to the service manual because I'm not sure where it is. I came from a carbed ninja. Lol

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
That's just sticky cables. imo.
It's pretty straight forward to go thru them and clean them up.
Someone suggested WD40 between the throttle tube and clip-on. Personally I don't like any kind of lube in that area. It attracts dust.
I recently installed a new throttle tube, I just polished the clip-on with 1500 grit sand paper, then slid the tube over it.

·
8,154 Posts
Judging fm the video (nice job by the way), it looks as though it does get hung up, but not by the throttle. I assume the grip "snaps" back when you blip it (it was just out of camera range)? I come from the carbureted years as well. Based on my very limited FI knowledge I would say the butterflies are sticking or there is a significant air/fuel problem. Sorry I'm not much help. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your right on the throttle snapping back, I had a feeling it might be further down the line. But its my first fi bike. So I'm far from a professional. :)

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Your right on the throttle snapping back, I had a feeling it might be further down the line. But its my first fi bike. So I'm far from a professional. :)
Me either. Not a professional by any means, and I think the suggestions from Bladeracer (who is one of our most knowledgeable members) and IanDoohan are very good ones too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thank all of you for commenting and fast. Another thing that's new is having a forum filled with people who are willing to help, not just flame. Lol

·
8,154 Posts
I'm a little curious. When the PO describes the hang up as a "drag feature", did he mean a drag race feature or something he had no explanation for? Seems odd that he would explain this clear "issue" as a "feature". If its a feature in his mind, then he must have done something intentional to it to make it like that? Just curious if you had any other info on what the PO was trying to tell you, or snow you.....I'm no drag racer, so I don't know the lingo. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish I knew. I only paid 2k. He had mentioned that it was like that when he purchased it.. also anyone have the light/horn switch combo? I never have luck with eBay lol

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm a little curious. When the PO describes the hang up as a "drag feature", did he mean a drag race feature or something he had no explanation for? Seems odd that he would explain this clear "issue" as a "feature". If its a feature in his mind, then he must have done something intentional to it to make it like that? Just curious if you had any other info on what the PO was trying to tell you, or snow you.....I'm no drag racer, so I don't know the lingo. Let us know what you find.

He might mean that the drag is useful as a cruise control?
My old CB1100F the throttle grip dragged on the bar end weight and made for a very useful throttle lock for long distance riding. I did several hundred kilometers with both feet up on the instrument cluster, laying back against my Gearsack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts