Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 01 929 about 5 months now. I did all the regular stuff to it when I bought it. Oil change, coolant flush, ect. Lately after I've been riding for a while it seems to loose power, kinda shut off in a sense. The cluster still has power when this happens. I'm able to pop the clutch and get it going. Weird thing is it happens in the same spot(location wise). I live on a dirt road. I checked the battery cables and the Pos was a little loose. Is there any other reason it would do this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does it still do it since you tightened the battery cable? Sounds like a loose connection problem caused by that bit of dirt road.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Mag has no separation of heat and chemRe. So even if you tightened the cables, under the contact points, a chemical reaction is happening to the ground side more than the hot side.

With a straight razor, scrape the top of the battery post and the bottom of the cable end it contacts with. If the ground cable is white with corrosion, then dip that in a cup of vinegar and wait for the bubbling to end, clean with brake or contact cleaner, water, etc.

With lights still on, it's making contact yes, but how much contact at that resistance point?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts